Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was robbed

SawQuart

Actually, in MD people sue if they get injured during a robbery… and win the case occasionally...

Anyways, another update!

The detective who's investigating told me to see if my stolen Wii connects to the internet, since the old Black Ops disk was still inside. I've posted on a few Wii/Black Ops forums with my Call of Duty name, and everyone is trying to help.

The men are suspected to be white males, one extremely short, one bigger. One of them was driving a red Honda and had a buzz cut (according to neighbors who witnessed a few shady looking people). They hit our street constantly with robberies (there have been a few attempts), and they live in the lower income area of our town (a white guy with a red Honda in a lower income area... seems simple right? Not really). All of these accounts are based of neighbor's ideas, so they aren't proven to be true.

I honestly don't care if I get my stuff back, I just want these bastards in jail for a long time. Considering that they've stolen from my neighbors before, I bet they'll be back soon (my next door neighbor is on vacation).

The top detective in the county happens to be my friend's dad, so all is working out great. They found several footprints and have taken a couple leads. This is turning into a nice little dumbed-down version of CSI, but is definitely cool to watch go down. If the Wii people help, we'll find them easily. 

Currently my mom is positive she saw the people as she was leaving home (right before the robbery). If the people are caught, they'll be serving a lot of jail time...

@Jungletoe:

> **They found several footprints and have taken a couple leads.**

pretty old-school huh sherlock?

They're probably playing "Wii get ass-raped in jail" on your system right now. From that third party maker…

@Devo:

> Just read this for a shining example of our current legal system. How to kill your newly wed wife and claim the insurance.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Tina_Watson

"Tina's family said her husband's one-year jail sentence was an embarrassment to Australia."

I love this country… Everyone just looks down on us because of our government.

BUT
that is off topic.

I am glad they have some leads and stuff and hopefully you do get your stuff back, but I do agree with your point on them at least spending a lot of time in prison :)

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE:

There was a robbery reported a few houses away from us. When the police arrived, they found a man in the upper story of the house, and he started running. Some landscapers nearby saw the police chasing after him, and started to run after the thief too. The guy pulled a gun on them and the landscapers backed off.

The police chase continued for 20 minutes on foot, and the police decided to call in the canine unit. One of the dogs accidentally bit and took down a police officer after a miscommunication (the officer is alright now, he suffered minor puncture wounds and was discharged from the hospital after 2 hours). Eventually, the cops caught up with the thief and arrested him. There are some rumours that the guy was shot in the leg by the police, but nothing official has been released about the subject from the police or news.

2 people were found near the scene as well, and the man is thought to have been texting a get away car the moment he was caught, and the police are currently hacking his phone. The thief is believed to be the same guy who robbed my house. The house he was caught robbing was a house he previously robbed months before, and the owners just installed a new security system.

TODAY, a shooting happened a few blocks away near the bad part of my town (only a few blocks away). 4 shots were fired at the victim in his chest. No news has come out about whether the victim survived. There were tons of police cars and ambulances running all over our town today, and some of my friends even witnessed the shooting. My father heard the shots from our house, just to give you an idea of how close they were.

Surprisingly, the shooter was never caught. They know some basic details about the shooting, that it was a drive by. I don't know what car the shooter was driving, but I intend to find out.

The connection? The man robbing our house was Hispanic, along with the shooter. Our town rarely has crime in it, so the chance that two unrelated gun incidents happening in the same month is unlikely. My father also witnessed a guy being pulled by over 4 police cars right after the shooting, and the guy was also Hispanic.

I intend no way for this post to be racist, just it seems unusual that our town gets this type of violence, and the people involved were all Hispanic (our town has barely any Hispanic people, mostly Asian, White, or Black).

I'll try to find a link to a news report.

Yeah, I laughed too. My neighbor works in the ER and said she was surprised when she saw a policeman walking in with deep dog bites….

EDIT:

NEW UPDATE:

The shooting nearby isn't related to the robbery, I just found out. The shooting was committed by 2 black men driving a white Camero-like car, and the victim was also black. It is believed to be gang related. The people found near the robbery were all collected, so the case is closed for the robbery, but now we have murderers on the loose.