Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Having a problem getting server file up and running

naka

i hve all libary files downlaoded and all the software downlaods on your site i set them all up and then was able to get on then i exited for about 10 mins and i went back on but was only able to get the client filr runnign and when i tried to use the server one it said errer 10048 adress in useĀ  :sad: plz help me?

um address in use means you already have the server open, since the server is trying to use that ip and the server is already open.

Make sure its not open already and close it if it is then you can open the server again, Or just leave it open LOL

**Short Explanation:**
You already have a server open. Go to the taskbar, click the upside-down V, and double click the server icon.

**More Helpful, but Longer Explanation:**
Alright, the reason this happens is because two servers want to access the same port. If Server A and Server B conflict, Server B is closed to prevent errors. Otherwise, we wouldn't know which server should get the information!

![](http://windowsteamblog.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.50.26.43/Windows-Taskbar-Previews.png)

Alright, see the right part (you have to use the scroll bar to see it) of the picture with the upside-down V ? (It's left of the time and the volume.) Click it. Now you should see some "unused" icons. There should be one with a picture of the server icon. Double click it. Now your server pops up. Do not start up another server.