Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server Unlock/Lock

Drakiac

Here are some screenshots:
Locked:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6572dedbbfa7d634bae523477b792b04.JPG)
Unlocked:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/0a42df4c70a9edb60c724fa00bb02dc7.JPG)

You think you can solve it now? Just as a side note 69.163.139.25 is the eclipse status checker so that is not affecting anything… To sum up my question, what is CPS and do I want it lower or higher?
-Drakiac

Nasa you have no idea what you are talking about so just don't talk. The cps lock has nothing to do with the admin's. You can have your cps locked and other people can still log in.

I think it has something to do with the information that the server is sending. The higher the cps the less lag, or the more lag. I don't quite know but that is my opinion.

the Cps is like the servers Fps but since there is no frames it is cycles per second probably. How many times the server loop is running per second. I am not sure why robin put the lock on there though. Maybe for something he is doing in the future or maybe just for shits and giggles? Just leave it unlocked although locking it will probably have little effect on the loop as it only sleeps for 1.

lol! I unlocked the server and it went from taking 1% of my processing power to 50%! I haven't tried out another computer yet but I believe it speeds it up… When I'm on my computer (like watching youtube) i'll lock it but right when I leave and keep my server up then I will unlock it!

Yea I guess you could use it for that. Maybe that is what he made it for. Just seems silly to me because if you are going to have a server… Then make it a server that does just that. My server doesn't even have a monitor hooked up to it. lol. Each there own though. Although I would think it should take your processor up to 100% not 50%. hrrm...