Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EOv2] Mail from mods, help?

Craselin

Hello reader (and hopefully, question answerer),
I wanted to set up a system in EO 2.0.0 in which there is a small button on the screen which when pressed a new window pops up showing a message/s from the head admin running the server (the text in the window should be edited from a file called "adminmessage.ini" (or .txt depending which is appropriate for this source edit)

Unfortunately, I only have a vauge idea how to do this (i think you would make the command button call up the text from the server and display it in a text box on the new window) and I don't know what the codes would be.

If someone could please share instructions on how to do this I would be very grateful.
Kind regards,
Craselin

lol, browser refresh error thingy, you double posted.

Because i will use that for minor things or welcome messages or for telling people events that are on today etc bug the admin message thingy will have loads more information, to much to put into the MOTD

Yes i did accidentally double post because my phone refreshed but i did report it to a mod. Anyway if your game has an auto updater update the text box and then put that as an update. Will be really small and is as easy as editing your .ini file you wanted. Just without the programming.

There are going to be collisions with checking if there are new updates in game because of an updated server and an out dated client. I suggest running the auto updater automatically when the client starts to send the message and to update the client.

@Conra:

> There are going to be collisions with checking if there are new updates in game because of an updated server and an out dated client. I suggest running the auto updater automatically when the client starts to send the message and to update the client.

Then remove it or just don't use the feature at all? Or better yet: display the message when there is a new update and the version don't match.

If you can't help the guy, don't post. >_>

Craselin: there's some packet tutorials in the Source Tutorial section. Look at those and it will help.