Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Substitutes for vb6

airdude2

Ok i decided to make this tutorial becouse there are many ways you can substitute vb6 related things that can be easily done without using vb6\.

1\. to make a quest, what i do is i make a square of like logs or tiles and make one log a key, then i put the item that you want to be the reward in the middle. then you make a monster to drop the key to open the safe/chest/whatever youd like to call it. make a npc that says somthing like, " I seem to have lost the key to my safe, please go kill " monster name " and then you place it near the safe/reward. :)

2\. making a refineing area is good to, what i do is i make a item that goes in the resource folder, i make a weapon/tool to attak the table that is like, a refineing spot or somthing, then you make it give you somthing like, a refined gem, but the only place to get to it is to open a key using a ore/stone that you mined somwear else. :)

3\. to make a npc drop more then one item, without editing the npcs in vb6 is to just clone it, make another npc with the same name and same stats. this way when you summon it in the same map with other monsters with the same name it would be like getting an diffrent item each time, good for making monsters which drop quest items, like make only one of the monsters give the quest item and make a bunch of other monsters that dont give the quest item.

4.or another system for quests that you could make is to simply  make a quest tent, and use items like tickets, for example, and make only certain monsters give the tickets and the only place to use the tickets is in thew quest tent.

5.Im afraid there is simply no way to add pets without vb6 or make is so you can walk through another player. but what you can do is make the tiles a bit bigger so that two or three people will be able to get by you so that you dont have that one guy * jerk* just standing in the middle of the spot so that no one else can get by, another way to make so people can get by is by adding slides. they always fun and make it so you keep walking without stopping.

6.Any others please tell me and ill add. but for now this is what i came up with, thses ideas can be used by everyone and this does not require vb6 so if you dont have vb6 then buy it or use some of these ideas. Sincerly: Airdude2  ;D

I'm all for using the original engine mechanics in a clever way but these are _not_ substitutes for actually spending time learning how to use the engine properly.

These should be used in conjunction with systems you add in to the source code, not used as a replacement.

Just because they work does not mean they work _well_. A large part of a gaming experience is how you interact with the game world.

You can create an amazingly good game but it's still going to feel like shit if the way the player interacts with that amazing game is through a shitty or, even worse, non-existent interface.

• 3 weeks later...