Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few questions

Barto

is there a general how to on the user interface?
i mean i got things figured but im still wondering, like i put a resource down now what to i do to be able to use that resource. like the default tree. and how can i add more the the stuff in the mapeditor?

thats about it for the moment, im sure ill come up with more soon

Not really any official guides on that yet, but to interact with a resource, you need to have the proper tool equipped (such as an axe) and press CTRL. CTRL is the standard action/attack button.

As for the mapeditor, by "adding more stuff" do you mean adding more tiles? If so, there's a guide for that. http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68363.0.html

If you are just talking about making a map, simply open the mapeditor, click a tile, then click the map.

yes i got the map editor controls im currently on my win98 so ill peep that link in a moment….
and thanks, i just realy think someone should write i simple UI buttons and whatnot tutorial mostly for playing purposes i geuss...
or at least where to find them.

thak=nks guys

That link didnt tell me what i need to know

i know you can make and edit teh default graphics, all except u dont explain how to edit the graphics within the ma[p editor…. like the clifsss and grass i want to make it road and city like.

@Barto:

> That link didnt tell me what i need to know
>
> i know you can make and edit teh default graphics, all except u dont explain how to edit the graphics within the ma[p editor…. like the clifsss and grass i want to make it road and city like.

You don't edit graphics in the map editor, you just click them and place them on the map. If you're talking about auto-tiles, that requires a source edit.

auto-tiles?
well, ok so like i can add different things for the map edior to make maps with? like we have grass, a tent, i want to add a building and a road….... is that source edit material? and if so could you direct me doing so