Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spell system Broken X.X

SpiceyWolf

Ok, im using EO 2… and somewhere along the lines of adding equipment slots (i know the error with this is Client Side) i messed up the functions for the spell system, like what happens now is when i load the editor and go to make a spell item, the spell list doesnt come up(slider that sais which spell number) and i dont know exactly where i messed that up... it coulda been anywhere with one of my other edits like attribute adding.... im just assuming that the error came from adding the equipment slots and maby accidently changing the spell stuff.... ALSO i remember a few times durring compiling things... i got everything else i need working without failure its ONLY the spell system thats failing... but there were errors in codes and i just deleted the lines that they highlighted till it worked....(i know thats not smart but i figured since a few tutorials just werent specific enough that maby what i was deleting was just parts that were meant to be apart of the replace. ANYWAY if anyone can help me just re add the spell system all together(if thats needed) or just find all the parts of that system thats suppost to be there and find out whats messed up or missing. Any replies i thank u for in advanced.

Also sorry if theres a double post rule on here but i forgot to mention… i have added quite a few more source edits since when that stopped working(which i wasnt aware that problem wasnt there to begin with untill it was too late... someone else told me about it after i already saved my source files and made new versions without making backups... seeing as the spells thing i wasnt looking at and everything seemed working... and no one else was getting copies of the new updates... so thats how i know it was after one of my first few edits...
and if anyone needs a copy of my source to see ill post(tell first before i post) ALSO if anyone can tell me how to do the call buttons that lightning was talking about in his pet system it would be greatly appreciated... im not very experienced with VB i have learned how to do a couple things on top of adding source from tutorials and for the most part fixing whatever errors it gives me on compile XD

Then don't go around removing anything that errors. If you didn't see this coming I honestly fear for you. NEVER remove something unless you have a backup, are sure what you're doing, or are told to by a tutorial. You should always back up before making an edit.

The only plausible solution besides redownloading is to download a fresh Origins and try to fix your mistakes by comparing the spell system to your messed up copy.