Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Creating a Sign Attribute

Jaiden

I'm trying to create a sign tile attribute displays three lines in the chat when you view it with the enter key.

I need a bit of help since I've still got a lot to learn. I made the constants, created and named the option button and all of the things I needed in the map editor (optSign, fraSign, cmdSign, txtSign1, txtSign2, txtSign3), I just need to know exactly what I'm doing code-wise to make the tile recognized as a sign that the player can read and can't walk through.

Right now I can click the tile in the editor and place it on the map, but it has all of the attributes of a slide attribute.

Thanks for the help and patience.

You'd have to add three strings to store the slides message in to TileRec. I.e., your tiles will become fucking huge. Perhaps have each slide corrospond with a case in the source, allowing each tile to display messages to a player. Then you could use the existing Data1 As Long.

@Damian666:

> just make a seperate rec, signrec, then load them same way as items etc.
>
> that way it stays away from your tiles. thats what i did, works fine :)
>
> Dami

Ahh…alright. Could you explain it in a little more detail perhaps? As to how I would go about doing this?

why would i? just check teh serevr for how items are loaded, everything you need is there mate ^^

just copy paste it, but then adjust it for signs, its actually not hard at all :P

ill give ya 1 thing though, my signrec

```
Public Type SignRec
    Name As String * NAME_LENGTH

Header As String * 30
    HeaderColor As Long

Line1 As String * 30
    Line1Color As Long

Line2 As String * 30
    Line2Color As Long
End Type

```