Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kingdoms Recruitment Thread [Closed]

Jaiden

**Kingdoms Recruitment Thread**

**Recruitment is closed. Thanks for the interest and applications everyone!**

Kingdoms is the new online RPG that I'm working on. It's a generic online RPG that has its strengths in its expansive overworld.
The game thread is here for more details: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,72246.0.html

~~Of course, a game typically doesn't get very far with a development team consisting of two people, especially one who is very busy and cannot devote 100% of their time to the internet.
So, we're looking for creative, intelligent, and friendly people to join the project. The following positions are open:~~

~~**Programmer**
Ah yes, everyone's favorite position. I'll be frank, I have a lot of plans for this project, but I have the programming sense of a rock. So Kingdoms needs a person who knows what they're doing in VB to help. I'm very flexible on availablity–let's face it, we're human and we can't do everything all the time. I wont demand things immediately, but I unfortunately offer no payment even though this is such a highly demanded position. The reward is of course partaking in a project with a great team.
All I ask for when applying for this position is proof of programming ability. A thread with a tutorial, a program, etc.~~

~~**Database Manager**
I'll be honest, this is a rough one. We need someone to help with databasing and balancing items, enemies, and spells. Someone who is willing to crunch numbers and fill out information. The reward is of course in-game benefits and being a member of the team. You will need to be honest and dedicated, and we prefer you have some English skills especially for filling out descriptions accurately.
Nothing extra is required for this position.~~
~~**Mapper(s)**
This is a position that we don't take lightly in Kingdoms. Because Kingdoms is so environment heavy, mapping is our strongest point in presenting our game. Therefore, we ask for only the most experienced mappers to apply. This is one of the most enjoyable positions, but do understand that although we ask for a creative mind, we also hope that you can listen to instructions when we give plans of a map's layout.
The requirement for this position is an example of your mapping. Kingdoms will use only RPG Maker XP tiles, so we will only accept applications using them.
_**If you wish to apply, please fill out the following template:**_

Name:
Years of experience with Eclipse:
Position you are applying for:
Why do you want to work with Kingdoms?:

Map Example (If Applying for Mapper)
Programming Example (If Applying for Programmer)

You may submit your applications privately through PM or email ([email protected]) or you may post directly in the thread. Please feel free to ask any questions and of course, thank you very much for your interest in Kingdoms!~~

John Lamontagne
1 1/2 years with eclipse.
I would be willing to work with databases or programming.
Just for a side project over the summer, and maybe gain some more experience on the way.

I am great with programming pvp systems, and also i am currently working on a Mass-tradeing system. Which would let
players auction off items to every player online.

And with databases im great at keeping the economy at a balanced level, i could also code in a system to change item
prices based on the current amount of items in the game.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely
John Lamontagne

Name: Skev

Years of experience with Eclipse: Almost 7 years.

Position you are applying for: Mapper

Why do you want to work with Kingdoms?:

I have been an Eclipse addict for quite some time. I have had dozens of projects that I have never been able to complete (not on my behalf) , and I feel that the only way I'll get over my addiction (I hope) is to process and complete a project. haha. I have a full-time job, and am rather busy most of the time, but I know I can set time aside to help you out with your mapping. I have been around long enough to develop and understand good mapping layouts and techniques.

Map Example:

A simple map to demonstrate the necessities. Natural appearance, landscaping, effective use of layers, etc. More details can be applied to actual in-game maps if you request.

>! ![](http://i54.tinypic.com/24eyqmg.jpg)

Name: Zafi
Years of experience with Eclipse: 1 month… although I've got 1 year of programming, and around 5 months of mapping (not much at mapping.)
Position you are applying for: Mapper, or Database Manager.
Why do you want to work with Kingdoms?: I've been wanting to make my own project with custom graphics, but I suck at Pixel Art and I couldn't find any Pixel Artist, so I guess I should work for a game instead, and I found this promising.

Example of a simple map I made in around 10 mins:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,72425.msg777704.html#msg777704

You certainly have the potential to be a good mapper. Can you spend more than 10 minutes on a map? I'll get back to you once you post it. I may not need a database manager so I'll get back to you on that. Thanks for the interest!