Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something like grand exchange

janpan40

I would like to make a grand exchange, im not asking to be spoon fed i just need two questions anwsered. 1\. Would it be too, well. too much trouble.
2\. where would i start, do i basicly need to make a store where users can edit the items and than instead of the money going back into the server it go's to the player than it removes the item they put up?

Thanks in advance.

1) Depends on how complicated you want it to be.. A simple 'Grand Exchange' could be added quite easily.. But a true auction house is far trickier.

2) Make a UDT in this format.. ish
Auctions(1 to AmountOfCharsOnServer)
              .ItemID(1 to max_auctions)
              .ItemAmount(1 to max_auctions)
              .ItemCost(1 to max_auctions)
              .SoldFlag(1 to max_auctions)

NOTE: The above UDT assumes you have a method to give every player their unique ID, it is NOT using their Index value!

You can fill this UDT up, and have your 'auction house' scan through the UDT to find all items matching the search querry.. Filling it up and whatnot isn't so hard, you just make a UI that removes the item(s) from your inventory and stores them in this UDT, the search UI might be a little tricker on the other hand. :)

(The SoldFlag may be unclear, but 0 would mean it hasn't sold yet, so the user can't retrieve the gold made with it just yet, whereas 1 would mean it has been purchased, and the money can be collected.. As example, ofcourse.)

That is how I would do it.. Or at least at the start, and perhaps expand on it later.