Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help my server is down!

so my server went down aparently.  i have port forward, and it all checks out ok, ports open, packets sends, ping is good.  but heres the thing.

it worked just fine for months now up untill now.  all of a sudden its saying the server is down when i try to connect.  but alas the computer its on is running it, and the ports say they are open with port checker.  grrr.  what happened?  i seriously didnt change anything and now cant seem to connect.

i realize its not really related to eclipse, but im stumped.  so any advice input would be great.

nope ip is the same.  and when i put em both on 1 computer and set it to local host it works again.

no idea why it worked last night and not today.  no changes to source, no change in ip either.  tried multiple restarts, refresh ip, change from static to dynamic and back ect.

My local IP changes all the time, this is what I do.
Go to the Start Menu
Type in Run
Type CMD in Run
Type Ipconfig in the CMD Prompt
It should come up with something like this,

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : hsd1.nh.comcast.net.
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::4896:de0a:2f81:1b21%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.**102**
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.128
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Set the last three numbers that are in bold, to your port.
![](http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6789/portu.png)
Should work..

let me say this again.

the port is open, port checker says so on udp and tcp.  there open and i have internet on both static and dynamic.  so all is well there.

well ive double checked it triple checked it, i even swapped out routers even tho i have open ports.  and another thing is, i dont have the ip and port in the ini file anymore, they were moved into the source, and it was working before..

now ive tried editing it back into the ini file, and back in the source again.  im posting from work, were i dont have access to the project.  be home later.

****home now

after a bit more messing with it, i think im just gonna reformat the server computer.  i dont need apache and all that crap anymore so yea.

got it fixed!  lol  my old self forgot to renew my domain.  pft.  oh well got win7ultimate on server now instead of xp.  :)