Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Divine Swords and My Second Weapon

Kiddo456

Hey man! :) Looks pretty good for beginner pixel art!

You may want to reconsider using such vibrant colours and use some more 'washed' colours (unless you have a very colourful game?)

I would suggest NOT using yellow until you're used to creating a fitting palette, only because it's a very hard colour to work with on a white background.

Also, on the single sword, you may want to consider giving it a darker border on the side where there is no light (considering you've chosen an angle for a light source). For the handles of all swords, try and shade them accordingly as well so that they don't look so flat.

Post your edits here! :) Im excited to see what they come out as.

All the best, dude! Keep it up. Also, check out some of the tutorials around the forums! They're very helpful for people at your stage in pixel art. :)

@Lavos:

> looks horrible! find palettes for color.

Come on guys, im sick of people treating others like they're not even human, give some tips and tricks for him to use instead of insulting him; he's given you a free resource to use.

My advice: Expand your Pallete, like Nayte said they are pretty vibrant colors, so i would suggest turning them down a bit and adding different colors in there. other than that, you have a nice shape for them. Good luck on Pixeling.

@Sauros:

> Come on guys, im sick of people treating others like they're not even human, give some tips and tricks for him to use instead of insulting him; he's given you a free resource to use.
>
> My advice: Expand your Pallete, like Nayte said they are pretty vibrant colors, so i would suggest turning them down a bit and adding different colors in there. other than that, you have a nice shape for them. Good luck on Pixeling.

i agree with you i learned the hard way.any way i think it's good just needs a bit more shading.