Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Different Deaths?

jakeob22

I'm making a zombie game and I want to make it so when you die, you get 3 options on what to do:

1\. Wait 1 min. and respawn as zombie
2\. Wait 10 mins and respawn as human
3\. Wait to be revived by a medic

Is this possible? I also want to know if I can make them a different class when they come back… like respawning as a zombie when killed? Also, can I make it so the medics can help people up with medical kits?

If any of this is possible it would be great if somebody could help me...

Yep, it's possible. Everything is possible really, it's just sometime, it's hard to do it. Well there are limitation since it's VB6 and DirectX7 but you know what I mean.

You'll need Visual Basic 6.0 Knowledge and IDE/Compiler.

If you have those, here what you can do :
On Death, change it to send a packet to the Client and the Client send back a packet on which choice they chose to do and do it. Simple Select Case will work just fine. Or the traditional If Then Else Statements.

Now, changing class is super simple. It's already a function. You just have to call it when you want to use it.
It's probably something like Call SetPlayerClass(index, ClassNum)

Sincerely,
Rithy

Thanks! I'm going to try to figure it out now. The hardest part will be getting the choices to do what I want. Is there a way to get a respawn delay? Like if they select "Wait 1 min." How do I get them to respawn in 1 min.?