Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shut down!

silo2142

A wooden sword cant be 'crafted' i dont think.

Anyway im just here to warn you: Pokemon, Zelda or any fan based games arnt rly legal nor very popular among people who are looking to join projects on Eclipse.

Also your grass tiles are very stretched. like even more than that rock.

> Legend Of Zelda Online and its gona be awesome

1\. The name is sooo generic… Typical beginner-enthusiasm paired with the incredibly unique idea to make an online version of a childhood's favourite game.
2\. I probably can swear that it's not gonna be awesome.

> with cool classes maybe some races and quest's and crafting and stuff like that
> so what i need is a team to work on it with

- Wow, seems like you thought about your project for… like 3 minutes!
- You first need Ideas i guess... or actually some work done by yourself

> heres some pics of what it looks like

Yeah, looks like shit. Some random zelda-tiles put into eo with like 10 minutes of work done on that part… Seems like you have like 0 to show which would actually attract people to work with you.

> btw these images are were made when it was like in 4 hours of development

Wow… 4 hours for... what? I guess you just played around for like 3+ hours and then put anything you found about zelda on the internet into eo and made like 3 maps... some random items and stuff to play around with?

Go work some more by yourself... learn about the engine etc. make a better topic (not hard) and maybe someone will want to work with you.

-seal

@silo2142:

> i am working by my self i want the tiles to look like that i just put this up so i could get a team not to show off and it looks better now

Showing off? People don't post screenshots to show off, they post screenshots to get interested in their project. People won't join your project just because you say it's going to be awesome, they need to see that as a project leader you need to know what the hell you are doing and be dedicated to this project.

As much as we'd all love to talk you down and tell you how rediculous this project is, at the same time, I would like you to put all that youve got into this game. Yeah, it may, and probably will fail very hard, but there's no way to learn how to use this engine if you don't just screw around with it a little bit for maybe 1 or 2 (or 20) projects.

The tiles are too out of proportion, the map looks extremely boring, and the overall idea and name are just not going to work. That is the truth, but if you expect to take the guys above advice and ditch this and do something more promising, the chances of being in an organized team with this much experience is very slim.

Learn, and duck this up really badly, then improve the next time around. Repeat that a bunch of times, and you're set.

Good luck!

PS: To improve the quality of your life in general, try using some basic punctuation such as capital letters and periods in the description of your items.

@Nayte:

> As much as we'd all love to talk you down and tell you how rediculous this project is, at the same time, I would like you to put all that youve got into this game. Yeah, it may, and probably will fail very hard, but there's no way to learn how to use this engine if you don't just screw around with it a little bit for maybe 1 or 2 (or 20) projects.
>
> The tiles are too out of proportion, the map looks extremely boring, and the overall idea and name are just not going to work. That is the truth, but if you expect to take the guys above advice and ditch this and do something more promising, the chances of being in an organized team with this much experience is very slim.
>
> Learn, and duck this up really badly, then improve the next time around. Repeat that a bunch of times, and you're set.
>
> Good luck!
>
> PS: To improve the quality of your life in general, try using some basic punctuation such as capital letters and periods in the description of your items.

Learning the right way the first time usually nerfs the need to screw things up 8657 times before you learn to do things right. There's always trial and error, but it's not 'that' hard to do so intelligently.

the thing is i'm new to this engine and when i try to join a team it eather fails or they don't want me so i figured i would make my own game and make a zelda game so it motavates me to work on it and not quit after 20mins and the only game maker im used to is game maker:P

and i just learned how to make paper dolls and how there suposed to look right after i put this up they still need alot of work but im trying

@Greendude120:

> A wooden sword cant be 'crafted' i dont think.

It can, can't be smelted , but sure it can be crafted.

Anyway, i will agree with the general opinion and name this a fail.
I think there were more experienced teams trying to do zelda based games, people like Kreator tried i think, it seems they never finished.

It's a bad ideea overall to pick a brand for your game, you can just take some ideeas and implement into your game.

@Hybrid.:

> It can, can't be smelted , but sure it can be crafted.
>
> Anyway, i will agree with the general opinion and name this a fail.
> I think there were more experienced teams trying to do zelda based games, people like Kreator tried i think, it seems they never finished.
>
> It's a bad ideea overall to pick a brand for your game, you can just take some ideeas and implement into your game.

Kreator had the best Fan Game I've ever seen. He didn't just randomly stop, it was shutdown by a C&D Letter.