Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me About my Server!

Agaresh

umm.. so, i wanna test my project game MMORPG with my friend, and i dont know how to make my server online..

im using in my home Wi-fi, so im online every day and. i dont understand about server.

here is my server :

![](http://i.imgur.com/NLgVjv6.png)

my problem is,

how i change the IP of my server to make my IP?

my IP is : 180.251.166.179

i was change IP from client, and play it but. here. the result is like this

![](http://i.imgur.com/LT7jpPI.png)

if there any way i can make server for free, please tell me.

i was sent my client to my friend, but cant play it because problem in my server.

but if i change my IP to be localhost, the client will play, but my friend cant play it.

Thank you!

The IP you stated is your external IP, which is the one people connect to from outside of your local network, however they might not have an open port to connect through. Localhost will work for you since you do not need to open a port. Try opening the port that you are using(7001, by default), and then your friend should be able to join through your external IP.

As Xelander said, you should contact your internet provider and tell them to open the 7001 port. However they might ask you more questions and you might have to do some configs in your computer. I've always done it this way:

1st: Go to your internet conexion config. Then go to properties and in Protocol 4 (TCP/IPV4) click on properties:

Set the IP as 192.168.1.__ (after the 1\. put any number, but remember it).

Then  put 255.255.255.0 as mask and 192.168.1.1 as default gateway.

Then you're forced to choose your own DNS server. I use google's one: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4

After that, click accept and you're done with that part.

2nd: Now you have to open the ports you want (in this case 7001). For this, you'll have to enter your router's configuration. As my internet provider doesn't let me enter router's config directly, I have to call them and ask them to open the ports. They'll ask you which port you want to open and which IP. As IP you'll have to say/choose the one you entered before (192.168.1.__).

3rd: You're done. Now your friends should be able to enter your game by putting your external IP adress (180.251.166.179) and 7001 as Port. You'll be able to enter by putting localhost.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, not sure where you are in the progress of this, but I will walk you through how to set it up.

1.) Ensure server is running (I know this seems silly, but I want to cover all the bases)

2.) Click the windows button, and open a command prompt by searching for cmd.

3.) Type in ipconfig, it will spit out a bunch of numbers, you are looking for your IPv4 Address under your Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection, usually something along the lines of 192.168.0.10, 10.0.0.10 dependent on your router and your ISP. Write down what it is.

4.) Create a *NEW* connection using the IP address you just wrote down. Delete any other copies of you have of your server that are already there.

5.) Test connection, if it works then you are good so far, if it doesn't message me and let me know.

6.) If you already have no-ip set up, then keep it (I use it), check to make sure its up and running. Sometimes you have to refresh the host.

7.) Go into your router, set up port forwarding for 7001 (default) for Eclipse 4.0 to the same local IP address you used earlier (the one from step 2), If you can not configure your router, you will have to contact your ISP and have them do it for you.

8.) Go into you Server List, delete all copies of your connection to your server (Do this for troubleshooting later on to make sure you don't try to use the wrong one)

9.) Create a new server for your no-ip address, should be something like yourservername.ddns.net

10.) Login and enjoy. If this doesn't work let me know in a PM and I can go into more detail about your specific hardware.

[www.canyouseeme.org ](http://www.canyouseeme.org)

Host your server and go there, enter your server port (from the pictures on the OP its 7001) if it says it can not be found, you need to forward ports and disable your Firewall (if you have one)

If it says successful then you are open to the public so there is no need to forward ports and your friend should be able to connect fine and he should check his computer to make sure no firewall is blocking the connection.

edit:

this thread should not of been bumped really because its from the 16th and the OP might of solved the problem or just plain not intrested in trying anymore. Either way do the above and try what I said. Should work with what I put.