Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EW] Newb Questions

merunes

Hello Eclipse Community

im, sort of, new and want to attemp again to Programm with Eclipse, this time Eclipse Worlds. i got a Few Question and am thankfull for any answer and help i can get.

1\. Is it normal that my Virus programm always wants to block this website and says it downloads Trojans to my Pc?

2\. For Maps espaccialy, i aim for big larg Maps and a as good as possibel "Open" world. how i best Map?

I heard you can Paint something and upload it as a "Map" with diffrent Layers, Or is it better to use tilsets, and if how to arrang them? One Long (top-bottom) tileset? a width (left-right) tilset or many small Tilesets, + i read about something if i use diffrent tilsets in the same map perfomance drops.

3\. is there a Place where i can see image rules, like..how Many rows every Spell, Animation or Character needs, how width and big they are…how many styles a icon needs?

4\. Is there a good tool to create sprites (not the little bulky ones) that i maybe even can integrate in a sort of character creation?

Thanks for every answer.

> 1\. Is it normal that my Virus programm always wants to block this website and says it downloads Trojans to my Pc?

May need to be a little more specific, as the website itself is fine on my end. Some people their profile pictures or links do cause issues at times though.

> 2\. For Maps espaccialy, i aim for big larg Maps and a as good as possibel "Open" world. how i best Map?
>
> I heard you can Paint something and upload it as a "Map" with diffrent Layers, Or is it better to use tilsets, and if how to arrang them? One Long (top-bottom) tileset? a width (left-right) tilset or many small Tilesets, + i read about something if i use diffrent tilsets in the same map perfomance drops.

The engine was never made with really large maps in mind, you'll probably run into trouble at some point or another if you end up going too large. The server and client will simply not be able to keep up anymore. Anyhow, by default taller slender tilesets work out better than wide ones. It never hurts to split them up into logical smaller ones though, so you can pick which ones you want in a modular fashion.

> 3\. is there a Place where i can see image rules, like..how Many rows every Spell, Animation or Character needs, how width and big they are…how many styles a icon needs?

Animations for spells can be any amount, you can change how many frames they are yourself in the animation editor, character and animation sheets can be any size as long as the right amount of characters are on it (or the right animation settings). If you mimick the settings the default images use you'll have a basic idea of what supports what. Icons depend on which engine, spell icons tend to have two different kinds, and some engines support multiple item icons or even animated ones.

> 4\. Is there a good tool to create sprites (not the little bulky ones) that i maybe even can integrate in a sort of character creation?

I don't really understand this question?

sry for my englsh im abit rusty and not a native speaker.

> May need to be a little more specific, as the website itself is fine on my end. Some people their profile pictures or links do cause issues at times though.

happens on Random sites of the Eclipsecommunity, my browser warns me that it is a hazard site or my virusdetecter says he detected a trojan file that tried to go onto my pc from this site. just wanted to know if it is..a common problem or just my virus detecter has a dislike for this site.

> I don't really understand this question?

the old character moddles looked like small fat children,but her where some pretty got tolls to make them out of parts that you could even integrate as Character Creators into the Engine.

i would like to know if there is any Good tool around to create Sprites for the Game and that mabye could be used to make a ingame character creator so a player can make the sprite for his char before logging into the gmae