Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[E.W] How to modify NPC/Player speed?

Peaverin

Hi, I just want to be able to change the npcs/players movement speed, but I don't know in which lines of code I can do that. I suppose it has to be both client and server side, but I have no clue on how to edit it. I've checked the Sub ProcessPlayerMovement(ByVal Index As Long) in Client, but I'm a little confused with this… Is the movement handled client-side?

Edit: Ok, I changed moventspeed Client-side and yes, the movement speed is handled client-side. This means that it's possible to hack the movement speed... does anyone know how to protect users from hacking the movement speed?

Private Sub CheatCheck_Timer()
    If SpeedHack + 6000 < GetTickCount Then
     'do kicking stuff here dont forget to log this
    End If
    SpeedHack = GetTickCount
End Sub

Timers are affected by speed hacks, gettickcount is not, Basically, If 6 seconds goes by faster than 5 seconds, you know it Is a speed hack.

Have a timer on the client interval 5000 with the above code, adjust it to suit your needs and it works.

This is my old anti speedhack, So feel free to make any adjustments.

> Private Sub CheatCheck_Timer()
>     If SpeedHack + 6000 < GetTickCount Then
>      'do kicking stuff here dont forget to log this
>     End If
>     SpeedHack = GetTickCount
> End Sub
>
> Timers are affected by speed hacks, gettickcount is not, Basically, If 6 seconds goes by faster than 5 seconds, you know it Is a speed hack.
>
> Have a timer on the client interval 5000 with the above code, adjust it to suit your needs and it works.
>
> This is my old anti speedhack, So feel free to make any adjustments.

Thank you, I'll add this into my game. 

But I still wonder if players can hack the speed not by speeding up the whole client, but by using some tool like Cheat Engine to change the Players Movement Speed (since it's a constant stored client side).

Not really, Unless you prevent cheat engine and other memory editors from running with the client. Or change the names to something that no one else knows? God knows, I scanned the running processes and compared certain stuff like hashs etc to known cheating software then does what i need it to.