Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I upgraded to vista and now it doesn't work

Corrupted Peace

Take it from a PC tech, leave vista now. I don't know why in god's name you thought it was a good idea upgrade.. err I mean downgrade to vista from xp… Do yourself a favor & just pirate windows 7 or go back to XP. Don't know where you been lately, but Vista was a huge disappointing flop.

Now understand this... if software was designed to work on one operating system then you will save yourself a lot of trouble by using it the way it was designed. In this case, on windows 7.

If you still insist on not taking the above advice, you might have luck running your software as admin, or in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3

@Corrupted:

> I seem to need a certain .net framework. Which .net framework do I actually have to install to make it work? Any help would be appreciated.

Just install every single version until it works (no need to install anything beyond the version it supports).

Whilst what others have said about Windows Vista is true, the solution is not to install another operating system, but instead to install the appropriate version of the .net framework.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> Just install every single version until it works (no need to install anything beyond the version it supports).
>
> Whilst what others have said about Windows Vista is true, the solution is not to install another operating system, but instead to install the appropriate version of the .net framework.
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

it's more than likely 2.0 or 3\. I think vista and 7 have 3.5 to present at install or as an update.

@Azure:

> it's more than likely 2.0 or 3\. I think vista and 7 have 3.5 to present at install or as an update.

The versions Windows Vista and Windows 7 have pre-installed do differ though because of the release dates, and unless you actually do use .net software, there is no need to install newer versions of the framework. Hence why .net programmers generally avoid the latest versions of the .net framework (because it enforces the user to install those versions), and why they can't target GNU/Linux and Apple Mac OS X, because those people rather use similar software that doesn't make use of Mono, and therefore they do lack Mono on all their systems.

@Corrupted:

> ok thanks stephan , wich .net framework is that and the auto updater is eclipse multi purpose auto updater

I haven't got a clue as I don't really use that programme. Just install version per version until it works i.e. if you have .net framework 2.0, install 3.0, then check if it works, if not install 3.5, then check if it works, if not install 4.0, then check if it works (If you get to 4.0, I wouldn't recommend using that programme because it relies on software that most people won't have installed).

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.