Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you get a MSINET.OCX error READ THIS

Corrupted Peace

When i upgraded to Vista, used to get a error saying "MSINET.OCX is missing or invalid" I tried all of the .net framework and it wasn't them it was a missing file, you can download it here!!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X7ZTEAOG
then place it into the C:\Windows\System32" put it in that folder then you should be good to go!!!

@shadowdeath:

> Yep. Cause downloading .ocx and .dll files from random media sites and people and putting it in your system32 folder is always a good idea.

Yes, because that's the fix. <__< If you get computer problems from a bad download it's your own fault.

@shadowdeath:

> Yep. Cause downloading .ocx and .dll files from random media sites and people and putting it in your system32 folder is always a good idea.

Where do you think the runtime files I offer as a download came from? Did I bring them in to existence through sheer power of will? No. They're from Googling the name of the bloody files.

@Corrupted:

> I figured I would post a link because I used to get this error(because I upgraded to vista lol) and I figured that I would upload the 1 file to mega-upload to make people's with this same problem life's easier.. I hope you enjoy!!!

Vista isn't as completely horrible as people make it out to be. <_< Neither Vista or 7 have most of the drivers for vb6 at start. I have 7 and I've had to get three separate driver files myself. I just take it as the cost of using deprecated software.

@Azure:

> Vista isn't as completely horrible as people make it out to be. <_< Neither Vista or 7 have most of the drivers for vb6 at start. I have 7 and I've had to get three separate driver files myself. I just take it as the cost of using deprecated software.

lolwat. Since when did VB6 need drivers?

@shadowdeath:

> @Robin
>   It really depends who you trust, dosen't it?

That's a rule of life, not the internet. Do you trust that guy to sell you a legally acquired laptop? Do you trust that girl to not throw your salad on the floor before serving you it? Do you trust him to keep his mouth shut after you accidentally killed that prostitute last week?

Stop telling people not to do things just because it might go wrong. If you manage to get yourself infected somehow then you'll learn not to trust that site. In fact when you've come across enough of these websites you know which ones to trust and which ones to distrust.

Let people make their own mistakes.