Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Request - EO 2.0] A fistful of tutorials

Rotflturion

**I apologize if this was posted in the wrong section. I have asked around, and noone could point me at the request thread, neither did I find one for the source tutorial requests.**

So, I would like to request several tutorials, for stuff that I can't seem to do myself, with my lame VB skills, or learn them quick enought not to extremely slow down the project and/or inject nasty bugs into it.

**1\. Roof Layer**
- A layer UNDER both of the fringe layers, but ABOVE all other, also above player. Coded, that when a player is right under a tile of this layer [not counting first invisible tile], then the whole 'Roof' layer becomes transparent for him only [client sided]

Why can't it be an attribute:
- Simply because I've got loads of coded tiles inside the buildings, like boxes, npc spawners and so on, and You can't have two or more attributes per tile.

**2\. Spell system edit**
- Blocked tiles should block spells. Seriously. It sucks for the game, if a player of level 1 can just go, and camp level 100 mob with some spell, because the mob can't go throught a wall, but player can cast spells thru it.

I've got no idea how to do that all spells work only if the target is in line of sight _, so I would be thankful if anyone would make a tut.

**3\. Simple logout timer**
- So players won't escape PVP/PVM too easily.
It should actually leave player in-game for a MINUTE, after he closes the client by exitting it, or by any other means [like alt+ctrl+del].

The player would remain attackable for that minute, and after the time passed it would be logged out.

This would prevent logging out from PVP, and to be safe players would have to log out on safe maps, like in cities etc., where noone can attack them._