Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Intro Themes (Guitar Demos & MIDI/Mp3)

Redevenz

I am testing out a new riff for a type of introduction title screen/beginning map. This demo is an actual cut guitar demo called "Morning" using the "step-by-step" method. This content is licensed under my band name but I give permission to anyone to use it as part of their project. But you must credit me as part of the copyright agreement. I will keep posting my progress as I go and eventually make a MIDI version but until then it might be a little slow on updates.
EDIT: I have added other intro demos below including map themed. Enjoy! And please leave me requests, feedback, and comments so I know what I can do to improve on my skills.

Well I'll give my honest opinions on each of the mp3's posted above.

Morning: Way to choppy between each of the sections, either put something inbetween them or just get rid of thoe gaps.

You Never Do: I really enjoyed this one, being an anime fan, I could see rhis almost being an opening/credit theme, but thats about it.

Reckless Faith: Again, another one I enjoyed, but if what you've posted is the full thing then maybe I would try to tweak the beginning and the end of the song, just so they flow better together, I listened to it three times in a row and it always startled my ear (can't really think of how else to put it) everytime the song repeated itself.

Disco Combat: I can't see this one as a map theme, moreso a battle theme for a major fight, not a boss though, too sped up and jumpy for a boss imho.  A little repetative if listened to over and over, but overaall pretty sweet.

Exported Minds: Didn't care for this one at all, simply because it sounded like static autotuned with a static-like bassdrum beat in the back, with more static auto-tuned almost. Again just my honest opinion here.

Morning: Sounds pretty good but misses some other instrument coming along to the guitar… A wooden flute would sound awesome to that i think.

You never do: not usable in a game i think... but it's ok

reckless faith: sounds pretty good and fits many situations for a fantasy game or even modern games.

disco combat: pretty catchy but i guess not many games could use this.

exported minds: naaah... i don't like.

overall you did a pretty good job and i guess you have skill. Keep going man, keep goin'

-seal