Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

City Map (LARGE)

RyokuHasu

@Fuu:

> And if he wants to be a good mapper, he should be able to find whats bland about it on his own.

No man is an island unto himself. Obviously, if someone doesnt know how to make great maps, they need to be told what is wrong with their mapping, and how to make it great. Im sure if Ryoku thought it was a sucky map he wouldnt have posted it for all of Eclipse to gawk at. Its called _constructive_ criticism, as opposed to just railing off random phrases like "map sucks bro". Being lazy and ignorant about giving other's advice on their hard work (whether its shit to you or not) makes you look like a bitter troll, with nothing better to do than insult other people's work, possibly because your work is no better and youve been on the end of harsh criticism in the past for it as well. One can only guess. Anyway, If youre such the expert on mapping, post up a city map that _you've_ done and explain why its better.

@Matlock:

> makes you look like a bitter troll, with nothing better to do than insult other people's work, possibly because your work is no better and youve been on the end of harsh criticism in the past for it as well.

Makes me laugh. Never said I was an expert. Never even said I knew how to map. I just gave my opinion. Maybe I am a bitter troll. If I were to map, It would probably look better than this. You act like I've just arrived at Eclipse and don't know how to do anything. Yes, I've been on the harsh end of criticism. And you know what I did? I took it and got better. I probably started using Eclipse when I just barely turned 11, and have been using it since. I started mapping then, and I started pixeling then. If you really want me to show you what I can do, then I'd be fine with that.

@Fuu:

> Makes me laugh. Never said I was an expert. Never even said I knew how to map. I just gave my opinion. Maybe I am a bitter troll. If I were to map, It would probably look better than this. You act like I've just arrived at Eclipse and don't know how to do anything. Yes, I've been on the harsh end of criticism. And you know what I did? I took it and got better. I probably started using Eclipse when I just barely turned 11, and have been using it since. I started mapping then, and I started pixeling then. If you really want me to show you what I can do, then I'd be fine with that.

Please do. Do it for Ryoku though, I can map just fine. Also, I didnt say that you were a stupid newb or insult your character in anyway. I just think you could learn how to give criticism better, so you dont come off as a stupid newb. That's all.

@Matlock:

> Please do. Do it for Ryoku though, I can map just fine. Also, I didnt say that you were a stupid newb or insult your character in anyway. I just think you could learn how to give criticism better, so you dont come off as a stupid newb. That's all.

I don't normally give off criticism like that. Special occasion.

• 2 weeks later...
The buildings are a little large. Also the "city" has no life in it: cities are much more than buildings and empty plazas. There should be rubbish, crates and storage bins, alleys, clotheslines, and all the common little economic things that people need to live their daily lives.

Your map looks more like a country club than a city.

No manor has ever had grounds like that.

Firstly, that path wouldn't happen, because there's small steps up to it. If you've ever managed to take a horse-drawn carriage over a flight of stairs then I take my hat off to you. You would never have two small fountains blocking your path to the house, either. If you own a house like that you're likely to have a Rolls Royce, Range Rover or the like and you'd scrape the paint off on the fountains. Well, since it's meant to be 1700s (From what I can tell), you'd end up  scraping the gold leaf from your landau.

There's too much flat ground, which never happens in landscaped grounds. If it's meant to be a courtyard, then they don't comprise of the front of the house and three walls, the courtyard of a stately home is behind the front façade of the house almost always. It would be behind the frontage, flanked by the West and East wings, and  You also wouldn't have a grassy courtyard, the floor would be stone.

Flowers wouldn't be freely growing at the side of the house, they would be in manicured little squares with stone edging in front of the house and the trees wouldn't just grow in lines up towards the house.

The city looks lifeless and empty. Smaller houses, more detail and many more buildings (Which appear to serve a purpose) could help out there.

• 2 months later...