Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Merrimint's (third?) attempt. Pixel preview.

Toranos

@Toranos:

> ![](http://www.merrimint.org/toranos/fortheselfproclaimedpro.png)
> Should I add pulsating muscles next? Thanks for the opinion, but I think it's fine the way it is. Just add missing shoulders to the missing mouth, nose, kneecap, elbow, fingernails, toenails, feet..
>
> But seriously, There'll always be something wrong with someones art in someone elses eye. I personally don't like symmetrical bushes, or sprite heads that don't follow the same perspective of the body. Sorry, but i'd rather not follow your advice. Also, referring back to [this](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/575b8e04dc302fdf6efb943601746dd9.bmp), who sticks their arms out like that all day?
>
> EDIT: P.S. Thanks for posting.

Offtopic - I was working on _my_ sprites before you even said that, and the bush is not symmetrical anymore. GG. I currently do not have anything you've said on those objects. Know why? Because I took criticism, and fixed them. They look better, btw.

And I've never proclaimed myself a pro, thank you very much.

inb4 anyone gets me wrong.
I meant mine look better than they did before, not mine look better than Toranos's.

And by the way, don't go digging up old shit to try to make comparisons.

EDIT: I'm not done yet.
@Toranos:

> ![](http://www.merrimint.org/toranos/fortheselfproclaimedpro.png)
> Just add missing shoulders to the missing mouth, nose, kneecap, elbow, fingernails, toenails, feet..

Saying shit like that is dumb. Humans cannot function correctly without shoulders, boy. Shoulders are a vital part of humans, and should also be a vital part of sprites. You not adding them made your sprite look awkward, imo. But, whatever. Don't take my advice if you don't want to.
Your half-assed two second edit isn't even what I said, either.

@Your:

> Humans cannot function correctly without shoulders, boy. Shoulders are a vital part of humans, and should also be a vital part of sprites.

I looked at your profile picture then LOLed.

Anyway, I think it looks right. It needs clothes now.

@Frostyy:

> Sprite looks kind of sad.  He should look happier if it's for a chibi game, imo.

Probably just the lack of animation, not moving, no facial expressions.. I've created different eyes, but there's not really a sadness indicator in all of them, is there? For example:
![](http://www.merrimint.org/toranos/rebelleaders.png)
The third set are the sad eyes, the second set is a bit more fierce, but not overly, and the first set are like the default. Animations will have bubbly looks, over-expressive facial appearances, and what not. I just don't really want sprites walking around with a big grin glued onto their faces, which i'm sure would probably break the 'sad look' you speak of.

@Pinkamina:

> I like them. The only main thing I noticed was that the legs kinda look like it's kneeling, but that's just the style, I suppose.

Yeah, while they're still it gives off that look, but once they move you'll realize they aren't kneeling. Didn't notice that before..

@Muffen:

> I actually like them. I like the smooth style to it. I really like the fishing animation.

<3

@Bonk:

> What game are you doing these for?

Topic Title: "Merrimint's (third?) attempt. Pixel preview."
Might have heard of it, might not have. It's a game that keeps failing, then rebooting. Only because the project leads either join the Navy, or don't have enough time to keep it running. But most of our current team have too much time..

• 3 weeks later...