Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some nooby questions, hoping people could help out.

takatoreborn

Already, being completely new to this, I am hoping to begin expressing my ideas of MMO's hopefully through eclipse origins! :D Unfortunately, I have an abundant amount of questions already. If you would care to answer, I would be really appreciative! I have been researching and will continue.
However, here are some of my many questions.

1\. Where do you go to edit the experience needed for each level and the maximum levels?

2\. Regarding sprites, I want to use 32x64 for characters as they are much more flattering. However, with character sprites and items, people only post images of the entire collection as opposed to bitmap files, is there a way to convert these? I'm at a loss here.

3\. Is there any way to view the game in full screen mode? Simple, right?

4\. I am browsing over the source tutorials and making proper changes to my source codes, however whenever it is instructed to open the FrmEditor files, which I can't find the proper program to open these with. Will notepad suffice?

5\. Paperdolls are a type of costume for your character, will I have to make sure that these fit the characters of size 32x64?

6\. Finally, is there any way to allow my players to choose from a variety of sprites within the game?

Thank you in advance, I have many more questions - but will attempt to keep it to a minimum until I gain more knowledge. :P

I will answer these to the best of my knowledge with what little time I have. My apologies if my answers aren't very helpful at times.

1\. Maximum level you edit in ModConstants(?) in both the Server and Client sources with VB6 (see following answers.) I don't remember about the exp required and I really can't check right now, sorry. If no one else answers I'll come back and give you an answer after class.
3\. Source edits. Search around a bit.
4\. You need VB6 to do any of the source tutorials, form ones or not. No one can tell you where to get it, in case you were wondering, so just find a torrent yourself, it isn't hard.
5\. Yes, EO obviously won't automatically place them in the right place for you.
6\. You can make several sprites for each class available in character creation as well as make a transformation spell that changes their sprite or even add a sprite-changing map attribute. Both available as tutorials in the Tutorial>Source subforum.

Okay, gotta run. Good luck.