Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DrawGUIBars visual problem

Kaymak

Hello lovely Community, again i do need your help! As far i did to make it alone but now i cant go forward and stuck at following problem.

Currently i'm using Eclipse Worlds. Since the GUI isnt rendered through DX8 i wanted to rip the GUI stuff from Eclipse Final Frontier to Eclipse Worlds.

As far i did manage to show the .png GUIBars at the game screen through following code:

```
Public Sub DrawGUIBars()
Dim tmpWidth As Long, barWidth As Long, x As Long, y As Long, dX As Long, dY As Long, sString As String
Dim Width As Long, Height As Long
Dim I As Long
Dim sWidth As Long

' backwindow + empty bars
x = GUIWindow(GUI_BARS).x
y = GUIWindow(GUI_BARS).y
Width = 254
Height = 75
'EngineRenderRectangle Tex_GUI(4), x, y, 0, 0, width, height, width, height, width, height
RenderTexture Tex_GUI(4), x, y, 0, 0, Width, Height, Width, Height

' hardcoded for POT textures
barWidth = 241

' health bar
BarWidth_GuiHP = ((GetPlayerVital(I, Vitals.HP) / sWidth) / (GetPlayerMaxVital(I, Vitals.HP) / sWidth)) * sWidth
RenderTexture Tex_GUI(13), x + 7, y + 9, 0, 0, BarWidth_GuiHP, Tex_GUI(13).Height, BarWidth_GuiHP, Tex_GUI(13).Height
' render health
'barWidth = ((GetPlayerVital(I, Vitals.HP) / sWidth) / (GetPlayerMaxVital(I, Vitals.HP) / sWidth)) * sWidth

sString = GetPlayerVital(I, Vitals.HP) & "/" & GetPlayerMaxVital(I, Vitals.HP)
dX = x + 7 + (barWidth / 2) - (EngineGetTextWidth(Font_Default, sString) / 2)
dY = y + 9
RenderText Font_Default, sString, dX, dY, White

' spirit bar
BarWidth_GuiSP = ((GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.MP) / barWidth) / (GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.MP) / barWidth)) * barWidth
RenderTexture Tex_GUI(14), x + 7, y + 31, 0, 0, BarWidth_GuiSP, Tex_GUI(14).Height, BarWidth_GuiSP, Tex_GUI(14).Height
' render spirit
sString = GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.MP) & "/" & GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.MP)
dY = y + 31

' exp bar
If GetPlayerLevel(MyIndex) < MAX_LEVELS Then
BarWidth_GuiEXP = ((GetPlayerExp(MyIndex) / barWidth) / (TNL / barWidth)) * barWidth
Else
BarWidth_GuiEXP = barWidth
End If
RenderTexture Tex_GUI(15), x + 7, y + 53, 0, 0, BarWidth_GuiEXP, Tex_GUI(15).Height, BarWidth_GuiEXP, Tex_GUI(15).Height
' render exp
If GetPlayerLevel(MyIndex) < MAX_LEVELS Then
sString = GetPlayerExp(MyIndex) & "/" & TNL
Else
sString = "Max Level"
End If
dY = y + 53
End Sub

```
Also i did add ofc:

```
Public Sub DrawGUI()
Dim I As Long, x As Long, y As Long
Dim Width As Long, Height As Long

If GUIWindow(GUI_BARS).Visible Then
DrawGUIBars
End If
End Sub

```
Also everything you need to show a .PNG picture on the gamescreen like

```
Public Enum GUIType
GUI_CHAT = 1
GUI_HOTBAR
GUI_MENU
GUI_BARS
... etc

```
Also i did add at Render_Graphics to call the GUIBars

```
DrawGUI

```
But now i have the problem, that the HP/MP/EXP does not show or load as you see on the screen:

![](http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150511/yvyvyrpe.png)

Before you ask: 

Yes i did add to the source the GFX Path and stuff. Also the Graphics are in my folder count from 1-13.png ( or else the GUIBar (4.png) would not show on the game screen.

But now my problem, what did i miss that the HP/MP/EXP does not show? (13,14,15.png in folder)

Maybe you got the solution for me!

THank you alot

Index is Zero

```
Dim i as long

```
sWidth have no value

```
Dim sWidth as long

```
Note: This is not an error but, you only render the HP Graphics on code, the MP and EXP are text based on your code

If you have no programming experience.. better wait for somebody to tell you how to fix it, i'm kinda lazy to check it out

I'm just pointing out the mistake

yea but as you see the HP Graphic does not render for some reason, and i cant figure out the problem.

when i change 

```
RenderTexture Tex_GUI(4), x, y, 0, 0, Width, Height, Width, Height

```
*(4) = the HP/MP/EXP HUD like you see on screen

to

```
RenderTexture Tex_GUI(13), x, y, 0, 0, Width, Height, Width, Height

```
*(13) in this case is the HP Graphic

It does not render the Graphic

I don't know how the bars are shown in EW but I'm guessing they are rendered on a picturebox. You may have forgotten to remove that picturebox from the form. 

Now, I'm guessing that that that method is never even called, or at least, this isn't 

```
BarWidth_GuiHP = ((GetPlayerVital(I, Vitals.HP) / sWidth) / (GetPlayerMaxVital(I, Vitals.HP) / sWidth))

```
The reason being that, like Sherwin said, I = 0; sWidth = 0, which would mean that either Division by Zero would be thrown or an overflow. Try setting a breakpoint on DrawGUI in Render_Graphics and step through your code. 

**Note**: If you don't know how to set a break point, find DrawGui and hit F9\. When the program runs till that point, it'll automatically pause exectuion and wait for user input. Press F8 to run the highlighted line of code, and as soon as it is run, to stop execution. Keep doing this and make sure you actually enter into the DrawGUIBars and see if it executes everything in that method fully.