Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Protection Against Connection Request Spamming

Kimimaru

Hey, everyone! I know I haven't been around for a while, but I've come back to ask for some assistance. Yes, I am still working on Super Mario Bros. Online. Recently, Ne0n (creator of Super Mario Online), has been spamming SMBO's server (along with other Eclipse game servers) with connection requests, causing them to overflow with RTE 28 and ultimately crash. There is no reason for his actions other than his jealousy with our progress and his inability to create a propelling game by himself. In Super Mario Bros. Online's development we have modified packets, banned IP addresses, and done more to prevent his spamming; however, it does not seem to be enough.

So I'm turning to the Eclipse community for some assistance. Is there any way I can prevent connection request spamming from occurring permanently? Thank you very much in advance!

Yeah Ne0n also promoted HIS hack on youtube, and also gave the hack out to his players. He also hacked my Game PMO, and spammed over 100k Accounts with passwords "IPwNeDYoU". He also tried to do the same what he did to Kimi but it didnt crash my server. It's really pathetic of what ne0n is doing. He makes a hack for me and Kimis games, because of the progress, and how far our games have gotten. He's 23 years old, and he insults kids like 12 years younger than him. Not to mention he ripped off a lot of programmers, taking credit for open source codes.

He's a child. Just ignore him. Connection spam shouldn't cause any problems other than filling the textbox, however. There is already protection against that in Origins.

If you're using older versions of Eclipse then you're stuck. None of my predecessors had any understanding about security. I know it's very easy to make yourself an administrator in any Stable or Evolution game.

Thanks for the help, Robin. Yes, we are still using Eclipse Evolution 2.7, but as I'm sure you know, we have completely modified almost every aspect of the engine (in a good way), drastically improving its performance and basically making it our own engine. However, Super Mario Bros. Online is unfortunately still running off a poorly-made base, and as a result our server and client do lack the security that Eclipse Origins features.

I know that connection spam shouldn't cause any problems other than filling the textbox, but it did cause server errors. This is most likely because the computer that our server is running on is rather old. Luckily, we've managed to figure out a way to prevent connection spamming from occurring and have implemented it into our server. We've tested it, and it works fine. Now we'll just have to wait and see if it works as well as we anticipated.

Thanks again for the help!