Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Items dont save (Dissappear on logout) Help please :]

DopeyBiach

@DopeyBiach:

> I've got extra item slots in EO.. And the 'new' items, such as accessories and rings etc disappear on log out, and I don't know why, they equip fine, draw fine, etc, but when I log out and back in they're gone?
>
> Any help would be HUGELY appreciated  :cheesy:

Can you post the tutorial (if any) you used to do this? It may help with the support process.

@Soul:

> Can you post the tutorial (if any) you used to do this? It may help with the support process.

This one :]

```
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,75028.0.html
```
I'm using [EO] 2.0

I know the tut isn't for 2.0 specifically, buh it worked perfectly, APART from the fact whenever I log the items aren't in my inv?? Theyre fine til then. Oh, also they all equip perfectly except 'accessory', dont really care too much bout that though lol..

Thanks again :D

• 3 weeks later...
If you haven't got an answer yet I think I know what's happening, If it's the equipped items that are dissappearing then the culprit might be the checkequippeditems sub in modplayer on your server.

```
Sub CheckEquippedItems(ByVal index As Long)
    Dim Slot As Long
    Dim itemnum As Long
    Dim i As Long

' We want to check incase an admin takes away an object but they had it equipped
    For i = 1 To Equipment.Equipment_Count - 1
        itemnum = GetPlayerEquipment(index, i)

If itemnum > 0 Then

Select Case i
                Case Equipment.weapon
                    If Item(itemnum).Type <> ITEM_TYPE_WEAPON Then SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, i
                Case Equipment.Lower_Armor
                    If Item(itemnum).Type <> ITEM_TYPE_LOWER_ARMOR Then SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, i
                Case Equipment.Upper_Armor
                    If Item(itemnum).Type <> ITEM_TYPE_UPPER_ARMOR Then SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, i
                Case Equipment.Second_hand
                    If Item(itemnum).Type <> ITEM_TYPE_SECOND_HAND And Item(itemnum).Type <> ITEM_TYPE_WEAPON Then SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, i
            End Select

Else
            SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, i
        End If

Next

End Sub
```
Mine will look different from yours but basically if you don't have your new items here they'll be removed on logout. This code checks the equipment slot and then removes the item if it doesn't belong there (from what I understand).