Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some questions (and observations) about meditation.

IFX

First off, I don't actually expect any feed back. However, any and all would be appreciated.

So from what I understand proper meditation is reaching a point where you are at ease. And your entire focus is on one thing. And apparently that is difficult for beginners. Also, apparently keeping the same position, or not having a visual focal point is troublesome. However, my first attempt at meditation I did it for 20 minutes. And at the end of it, my mind had barely wandered, I was still focusing on my breathing. Still had my eyes closed, and had exactly 0 stress. So I decided I'd figure out how long I could go, and on my first attempt successfully meditated for over an hour. At this point it was time for me to go to school and so I left. However I have to admit. I quite enjoyed it. And since then have done it at most for four hours.

What I'm getting at is being able to do this this successfully a common thing? Am I doing something wrong? Am I gifted? What's going on here? 

Also, after meditating I managed to run my body for 28 or so hours without getting tired. Is it possible to not need sleep if you meditate well enough? Could you completely replace sleep with meditation? (Is it possible to get your brainwaves between 0 and 4 hz while meditating? Because that's what you need for true sleep)