Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scripted Conversations

tickleu

So basically I used richys quest and tile script system. And I followed a tutorial on converting the CS:DE conversation system to EO.202 heres the tutorial http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,74220.0.html
In crystalshire developers edition, in the client there is a "TutorialState" sub that says

```
Case 1 ' introduction
            chatText = "Ah, so you have appeared at last my dear. Please, listen to what I have to say."
            chatOpt(1) = "*sigh* I suppose I should..."
            For i = 2 To 4
                chatOpt(i) = vbNullString
            Next
```
I want to be able to put this in my server side so that way I can make conversations server side as well. Can you help?

Not a ducking clue, I wrote my own copy. I dislike the system CS:DE has, so I wrote my own. Not to mention ripping pieces of code can lead to instability, and if I remember right, the editor of that system crashes every now and then.

Wouldn't you be able to just make a conversation, and call it the same way you call them from the NPC subs? I mean it should basically be the same, and add a flag to the player's account if that conversation has been finished that they did the tutorial. (e.g. Player(Index).TutorialState = True)