Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*FIXED* Runtime Error 9: Subscript out of range

OmegaRedd

I'm getting this error

![](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=70329.0;attach=17465;image)

When I logged into my game from my laptop, or any other computer that's not hosting it. Does anyone know why?

Edit: Got it working..

There's a couple of reasons..

1) Check the sprite that the character is using, since you're able to login and get the error its something with the game

2) Check the map, it may be corrupted, make sure the person trying to login isnt spawning somewhere they shouldn't be

3) Make sure they have an UPDATED client. Maybe you made the installer and made a few adjustments after it. Send them the fully updated one and see if it helps, Good Luck!

PS: Number 1 was the problem with me but the other numbers are other possible solutions.

You're asking about two different problems here. The original post had OTHER players who were out of date. If you have this error on the hosted machine with the most up-to-date client then it'll probably be a resource error.

Delete the map your player is sat on.

Sorry, im really not getting this. I click on my Client folder and it has data files and stuff. but i do not see a server in the client folder. how do i update my server in the client folder if i dont have a server in the client folder? my only server is in the server folder…

@Fluffy:

> -snip-

What are you talking about? You were told to just download the [recent](http://www.robin.freemmorpgmaker.com/eo_2_0_0.zip) client and server to see if you get the same RTE from that. There's no server in the client folder, as you _probably_ noticed there's only a server in the server folder. If you want to update it, download the most recent EO and extract it over the original.

Or just delete your maps in the 'client/data files/maps..' folder and/or in the 'server/data/maps..' folder like Robin said.

@Fluffy:

> Sorry, im really not getting this. I click on my Client folder and it has data files and stuff. but i do not see a server in the client folder. how do i update my server in the client folder if i dont have a server in the client folder? my only server is in the server folder…

Your problem is in no way related to this. Go make your own thread.