Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mouse click sticking in Eclipse

donovanvaught

Hey all, just to be short and sweet, I have some knowledge of code but need an expert to explain what might be going on. For some reason, the mouse is sticking when i left click on any scroll bars, it is only happening in eclipse. I tried to think what code I might have altered that would do this but can't figure it out. The most recent code I have altered is the updateplayervitals and a small tweak in serverloop. If anyone has any idea what's causing this, I'd love to know. Thanks in advance for the help!

Just to update/bump. I have now tried it on several different computers and the problem persists. It's also notable that I seem to only have the problem when I click on scroll bars, anywhere on them, and they act erratically and it even freezes up the program. Every scroll bar throughout the program is effected, the frmmain, all the editors, everything. This is a real problem for me and I can't track down what is causing it, I've commented out several recent changes to the code but it isn't making a difference. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Well, I don't have any maps, just a lot of edited source code that I don't want to lose. So not sure how I can copy to fresh EO. As for the version it's 2.0 (that's what it says in the changelog). The code I've changed recently is the serverloop. just the update player vitals, it updates every 1 second instead of 5 (changed it back and didn't fix problem), also added to updatevitals to check for poison, remove health, and cause death if applicable (removed it temporarily and didn't fix the problem either). Tried both at once, still couldn't fix it. I'm at a loss, I've done SO MUCH WORK on the source code, I don't want to have to go back and redo it, don't think I could even begin to find it all. I hope someone can help me figure this out, thank you again for your fast replies.

You messed around with the loop. That's your problem right there.

The looping handles the entire program's logic. Everything. After processing a single loop of logic the program gives control to the forms to Windows to carry out all the shit they need to do.

If you add an intensive loop _within_ the main loop then you're delaying this process, effectively increasing the length between Windows form processing phases.

Saying all that, the fact you don't have any backups is very silly. Your reluctance to start again properly is also very worrying. How are you ever going to improve if you don't learn from your mistakes and just give up?

Thanks for replying Robin, I was hoping you'd show up.  :cheesy: As for the loop, I tried removing that code, and it still didn't resolve the problem, I'll check again to see if there's something I missed (probably did). As for backups, I tried that before but kinda got lost in the forward momentum of coding, I'll take your advice and get back to it :). It's not that I want to give up (I am having so much fun coding and learning), that's why I'm here looking for help. I was just worried that something was corrupted and no amount of code would fix it, I've made a LOT of changes to the code and made many of my own features. But at the end of it all you're right, I'll be more careful next time, and hopefully this time I can make it through, you've made a great engine and I really like what I can do with it, I never knew how rewarding it was to code! I'll re-check and rework the source with your info in mind, wish me luck, be back with the results… :cheesy:

Done and done. Thanks again Robin! :)  I went ahead and consolidated all the loops (about 2 or 3 extra). There were more than I thought ( a couple from copied in features, including a projectiles loop). So now it all works properly, and now I know the damage a simple line of code can do.
So to double check about the backups though, would I just copy all my source files to have good backups? or should I be doing something else? no pressure, just curious. Once again, thank you so much for the help!  :cheesy:

When it comes to backing up what i do is after 1 major feature getting it to a usable state i copy my entire client and server folder into a backup folder, that way if the one im ever working on ducks up all i need to do is recopy the client and server in the back up folder. It helps a lot when your make a huge amount of changes