Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

Kusy

Ok, so the demo is live, both single-player and multi… but we won't speak about the single player here, sufficient to say, it's pretty shit.

Multiplayer on the other hand is pretty fun thing to do, even with only the two maps provided.
Download the Origin spyware, add me to friends (Origin ID KusyDude or something like that) and let's get this shit done.

It's a horde mode type of thing:
1\. Fend off 11 waves of enemies
2\. Complete random tasks
3\. Get to the extraction point
4\. ???
5\. PROFIT

And the profit is as follows: for each round you play you get cash and xp... you level up as per usual in Mass Effect, only this time around it's a bit more fun than it was in the simplified joke of an RPG ME2 was (this joke is at least a bit funnier), that's that.

Money is more fun. With money you buy equipment packs (there are only two sadly). Equipment packs have some handy consumables inside, and a chance to have a rare item, like character customization unlock, new race/class unlock, new weapon, weapon upgrades, that sort of stuff - it's really neat, kind of reminds me the good old times when trading card games were popular... it's absolutely random, I haven't unlocked a single race and I have around 30 matches behind me while some people get a ducking Krogan Soldier after their third.

The overall experience is surprisingly smooth, short connection times for me, no ridiculous website server browsers like in Battlefield 3, easy matchmaking, intuitive gameplay, only communication sucks because there's only voicechat - no text in the demo it seems. It's worth trying.

The powers and specs allow you to do crazy stuff with your character - I'm planning on making a Krogan Soldier that will run around without a weapon (yes - you can do that, the less weapons you carry the bigger bonus you get to power regeneration) buffing his melee beyond levels that would make any sense. You can make your character entirely weapon dependent or a power spammer, right now I have an engineer that runs around only with a heavy pistol but crisps everything with his powers.

Post if interested, if you have an EA account, post that too, playing with random strangers from this place might be more fun than playing with random strangers from other places.

Sounds pretty cool,  I saw this on xbox, and that's probably where I will download and play it, xD. I'm guessing your trying to play with people on the PC? I could definitely do that as well, playing it would be fun, especially with someone you know.

Yeah, I'm a PC player. I had a bit of a head start - people who had Battlefield 3 got to play the multiplayer before today. It's worth at least a try, but honestly, the multiplayer demo made me excited about Mass Effect 3 again, I don't even regret preordering it now.