Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CE:DE(Samu Version)] Attack Range System Question/Help

Thor7

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a simple way of changing the attack system. Basically im trying to create a system that when a player character goes to "Target" an NPC or Player he can attack the "Target" if his weapon is in range.

So if a weapon has a range of 1, a player can attack any targeted NPC or player 1 sqaure around him like so:

P = Player
X = Weapon Attack Range

XXX
X**P**X
XXX

So if a range is 2:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XX**P**XX
XXXXX
XXXXX

So the attacking player has to select a "Target", and if it is in range of "Weapons Range" he can attack, still by holding down "CTRL". But a player can on attack if a player has a target otherwise attackin (Holding CTRL) wont work and state something like "Select a Target". This means a player can still select his allies to cast spells and such, but can only attack 1 target at a time with in weapons attack range.

With this a use of a arrows come, just without showing of flight of arrow, but can still show some kind of arrow animation on attack. Opens up loads of possibilites. I would say have weapon range upto around 30 for the use of archery.

Any ideas to this, or help to point me in right direction would be much appreciated. Not the best at VB but willing to learn :)

I currently using: CE:DE (Samu Mod)

ThanksĀ  :cheesy: