Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 questions from someone who has just started with EO

Elsien

I used to use 2D ORPG Engines like this one a long time ago, I never really got into it- it was a lot of fun to goof around in though. I've used Konfuze, Elysium, Chaos, XtremeWorlds, now I'm using EO- and its probably the best out there right now. However, I am confused about certain things.

For one, character portraits. I want a specific portrait to match up to a specific sprite, however, I tried changing the portrait number (say, 30) to the sprite's number (say, 630) (I have 150 or so portraits and over 2000 sprites), to no avail. Do the number of sprites and portraits in the graphics file have to be equal in order for the client to match them up? If not, what am I doing wrong exactly?

Secondly, would it be possible for me to be able to increase the player's movement speed? I had an idea regarding certain increments of Agility raising a player's speed slightly.

I checked around but wasn't able to find anything on either of these.

There are two rules with the character portraits:
* The character portrait (it's called a "face" in game) should be the same as the character number you want to use it with (1.bmp in characters uses 1.bmp in faces).* The character portraits must be numbered consecutively (1.bmp, 2.bmp, 3.bmp, 4.bmp).

For these reasons, it is recommended that you put characters first in the list of sprites (make them 1.bmp, 2.bmp, 3.bmp, et cetera).

As for the agility part, there is a source edit [over here](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78833.0). You should probably read the whole thread (it's really short) to get an idea of some of the disadvantages. [Do note that you need Visual Basic 6 to install any source editors.](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68399.msg736833.html#msg736833)

Very useful, thank you. I have VB6 already and I'm doing pretty well with it (I never really coded much outside Sadscript before). I'll take a look into that source edit after I read the thread and get my faces working.