Find results in...

Serious descution! apocalypse!!!

dayrock

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rusher:

> >This thread is implying the zombies we'll "face" are the same as in the movies and games.

Zombies, with current technologies, simply cannot exist from a biological standpoint. It would require someone literally make a viral disease that turns dead bodies into puppets, a virus(basically DNA injector) would have to control(dead bodies decay and fall apart, I don't think it is possible). You could believe that bacteria could cause such a zombie like illness, but you would be way off. Penicillin, antibiotics, and white blood cells would/could simply stop and kill the bacteria. Only possible way I could imagine would be a parasite, which I don't believe a parasite would ever evolve to a point of where it controls it's host. All organisms live to pass there genes on, that is nature, the ability to control a host is just simply not an adaptation that would assist in the passing of genes to an offspring.

/EndLogicalRant

@ViciousDead:

> Zombies, with current technologies, simply cannot exist from a biological standpoint. It would require someone literally make a viral disease that turns dead bodies into puppets, a virus(basically DNA injector) would have to control(dead bodies decay and fall apart, I don't think it is possible). You could believe that bacteria could cause such a zombie like illness, but you would be way off. Penicillin, antibiotics, and white blood cells would/could simply stop and kill the bacteria. Only possible way I could imagine would be a parasite, which I don't believe a parasite would ever evolve to a point of where it controls it's host. All organisms live to pass there genes on, that is nature, the ability to control a host is just simply not an adaptation that would assist in the passing of genes to an offspring.
>
> /EndLogicalRant

What if said parasite thrived off of decay. It infects its hosts. It makes its host infect its own kind then it feasts upon the dead body. Afterwhich it goes into hibernation waiting for it to transfer to the next planet. The unverise is very large. I am sure some sort of zombie parasite exists.

@dayrock:

> Duh… I want a apocolypse to happen but not zombie... like if all elctronics died and we had to start over because I already live like that haha

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dies-the-fire-s-m-stirling/1100310154

Good book. Doesnt sound very fun though

As far as ZOMBIES are concerned, depends on the definition of zombies. Zombies dont HAVE to be undead.
Infact the first zombies in literature and movies werent undead, that came later, zombies referred to their basic primal instinct state of mind. Romearo made undead zombies popular later.

But the population can become "zombified" without being undead. As many recent zombie movies have done, though they dont call them zombies in said movies, people still refer to them as zombie movies, in so far as the way humans gecome infected and act, ala eating normal people for sustinece, psychotic mob mentality, ect.

Zombies dont have to be dead.

Ya they don't have to die and a virus could be a cause… a zombie is a human who has 1 purpose, to live and do whatever it takes. The brain has different parts and stuff (of course) they can be destroyed... to the point that the person is only living off instinct. I don't think though that they would only chase after clean humans... they would attack everything so aslong as you hide they will all kill eachothr eventually that is if the virus is transferd by bite :)

@ViciousDead:

> Zombies, with **current technologies**, simply cannot exist from a biological standpoint.

Well said, with our current technologies it would. But nobody said this 'Zombie Apocalypse' was going to start anytime soon, did they? So we have enough time for our technologies to **advance**.

There is actually an illness (I can't remember the name) that leaves people in a zombie-like state. They don't eat brains and things, but they stumble about without conciousness, and sometimes try hurting/biting people. It's caused by a deficiency in certain parts of the brain and can happen at any time during someone's life.