Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dreamland idea

_Her0

So I was thinking while I was bored out of my mind, and I came across a cool idea that would be fun to make into a game, although, it may already be taken. It'd be simple, it'd have quests, items, and all that, but it'd be centered around folk-lore and fairy tales (like Red Riding Hood). So you'd have items like the Gingerbread Cane, which would be a candy cane weapon formerly owned by the notorious Gingerbread Man, you could do hundreds of quests and items like this, and it'd be a decent idea. I thought up some names even, Dreamland, Tales of the Past, something around that. I don't have the time to run a game or start one from scratch, but what do you think of the idea?

So the brothers grimm but as a rpg? You would need to develop a very intricate storyline to link all the stories together. It is a interesting idea. There are many things along those lines these days two tv series actually propped up this year involving those fairy tales.

@Keebler:

> So the brothers grimm but as a rpg? You would need to develop a very intricate storyline to link all the stories together. It is a interesting idea. There are many things along those lines these days two tv series actually propped up this year involving those fairy tales.

Yeah I got the idea from the show "Once Upon A Time" as well.

@LegendWeaver:

> It's been done so many times. It's not really fun either. Unless you were to add a twist.

I'm sure theres a way to make it fun, a twist is def. whats needed, but I think it can be real fun.

When I read this thread, I was thinking of Astral Projection :L

If you are going to do that, make the graphics dark and only use splashes of colour - like the red on Little Red Riding Hood's little red riding hood.

Also use the original fairy tales, none of the Disney shit. Like Snow White, the Queen ate her liver and lungs, or The Little Mermaid, where she sold her voice to a sea witch to be able to breathe above water, sliced her tail in two and forced herself to walk on it, only for the Prince to fall in love with someone else, so she murdered him and his wife, then died a lonely, mute recluse.

Make it unnerving and freaky.