Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gaming Idea

Byson

Hello, This post is a bit of a thin line between recruitment or the offering of assistance on one of my own ideas.

I would like to create a game based on the collection of books by the novelist, Terry Brooks, widely known as The Shannara Series.

The Shannara Series has combined many a direction, using the modern times of The Knight and The Word series, the post apocalyptic times of the Genesis of Shannara Series, The more recent direction of the new worlds creation in The Legends of Shannara series and the most popular Fanatasy basis including the Sword of Shannara, Scions of Shannara, Voyage of Shannara and High Druid of Shannara Trilogies.

I would like to base mine on the more famous Fantasy Direction as a from of Sequel to the ending High Druid of Shannara.

I would like my plot, of which is still in the process of being written, to involve the destruction of the new Druid Council with the resurfacing of the Warlock Lord. With the Druids, and Paranors Destruction, The Magic scatters across the lands bringing forth the dreaded Shadowen. Shadowen are creatures formed of excess Magic that feed on any magical potential held within individuals.

Essences of each story will/may return in this adventure. Including journeys to the ruins of the Old World and times of The Word, The potential survival of the Maw Grint and the book of promised power, The Ildatch.

The books unveil many races and many class potentials.

Unfortunately, I am very new at anything to do with Eclipse or CS:DE and would like to recruit a team, regardless of how new they are to their preferred side of gaming developement, to work around and with my developing sprite work.

My time, as with a lot of people past the age of 16, is primarily taken with work, but I will be applying my time to developing my own skills and researching other MMO's as to obtain potential material when during my own time.

If interested, please feel free to either answer here or over PM.

You need to start by writing a GDD. It sounds like you have some fun ideas but nothing solid yet, and you won't get a team to make your game for you. Check out wikipedia if you dont know what a GDD is, it's the first in the list.

I was just about to say - "Can Wikipedia not explain things in Layman's terms?" - But, luckily, there was a breakdown of the general structure of a GDD.

The only problem is, it makes it seem like a WIP up to an extent, and, by posting a GDD with the games summarised basis, I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression.

You have obviously had experience in this context, however, so I will be sure to create one and update this post as and when it is more coherent.