Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server Problem

Amannyy101

I need help fast!!! Whenever i publish my game to my friends, they always tell me my sever is down(when it isn't). I already tried doing the official tutorial which didn't work.I port forwarded on my router and my firewall.My config.ini file has my external ip but my server at the top has a way different ip. I did almost everything!! any suggestions? (I really wanna play with my friends)  :mad:

@Amannyy101:

> When the server is not open it says offline but when it is open it says online.

The server must remain open for others to play your game.

@Amannyy101:

> oh and one more detail even my client says the server is down. should my config file have the same ip as my server.

No, it should be your public IP. [See this link.](http://www.whatsmyip.org/)

all i did to get my game online was open the port (it is diffrent on how to do it depending on the router you have) put my public ip and the port i opened in the game config then i put the port i opened in the server config opened the server let it load till it was done opened the game made a account on the game and it had no problems connecting if you have done all that and it still does not work well then you can always try getting a friend to host the server for you (not saying ask around here for someone to do that)

You need to allow the server through your firewall, open the right port on your router, and use your external IP address for the client-server connection.
Alternatively, you could use NO-IP to get around using an IP address if you have a dynamic IP.