Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vb out of memory error on compile with event system 2.3

so ive been trying to get the event system 2.3 thats been released into my project without starting over.  so far ive only done the server side, but this is what happens.  this is the dx7 version if theres any confusion.

i put all code in correct spots and hit debug. 
the server starts up and runs fine.
i try to compile it and i get a out of memory error.

if i remove any code necisarry for the event system it comes up with the error for that missing part.  i add it back in and get the out of memory error again.

ive tried using backups of my source and get the same result.
i can do other edits just fine and not get the out of memory error on compile.
i can work with other projects and not get this error either.

generally i would think vb has corrupted something but having multiple good backup copies that i know are not corrupt i duno.

any help greatly apreciated.

oh thank you so much.  compiled like a snap of the fingers.  but does that change other things i should be aware of?  using p-code to compile?

@sotvotkong:

> oh thank you so much.  compiled like a snap of the fingers.  but does that change other things i should be aware of?  using p-code to compile?

There are [some differences between P-code and native code](http://vb.mvps.org/hardcore/html/p-codeversusnativecode.htm). I warn you that P-Code can also be decompiled. I think it would be a better idea to perhaps optimize the event system to use less memory, so it can be compiled natively.

yea i guess for the mass user it probly isnt the best way.  but i am just happy i was able to make it work in my project the way it is.  so far no bugs as far as i can tell.