Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2questions: Buff/debuffs bug and Disconnection time

Peaverin

Hello, i post this because i wanna report a Ryoku Hasu's buff system bug and to ask for help to create a disconection system.

-Buffs bug:

The bug is simple but i don't know how to fix it.

When a player with a buff or debuff disconects and then connects again, all the bugs and debuffs of the player dissapear.

This can be used to get rid of the debuffs that other player cast to you disconecting and conecting again.

-Disconnection system:

I also thinked to create a 10s or more disconection system. By this way players won't be able anymore to disconect just before a monster or other players kills them. I thought this:

If a player has been fighting or being attacked in the last 10(or more) seconds, after disconnecting, there will appear a message saying: If you have been fighting in the last 10 seconds, you won't be disconnected until 10 seconds pass, and the player will still appear before the 10 seconds pass.

__

Thanks for the replies/helps.

• 2 months later...
For the dot and hots not going away on player log out youd need to add a

' dot/hot

BUFF(1 To MAX_BUFFS) As BUFFREC

DEBUFF(1 To MAX_DEBUFFS) As BUFFREC

to the player rec not just a tempplayerrec thou with out seeing the progrming this is a guess

For Disconnecting system I added something like this all client side thou it was a 10 sec to log out at any time

just add a timer and have it trigger on log out attempt then when timer runes out have it actually log out ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) can add a little visible display too