Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with a code plese :P

highonpaint

Hey guys highonpaint here, I have finished my class system for Eternal fall and am trying to write a code that does the following:

1\. When a player hits the following levels a message tells them to change there class (lvls 5, 30, 65 and 85)

2.When a player is at a level to change there class they cannot gain any more experience until they do so (So if a player is level 5 they cannot go to level 6 until the advance classes)

that is pretty much it, I will continue trying myself but dont excactly know how (oh btw this could even be a sad script cos I am using my altered version of ES (but the coding should be fairly similar to newer versions))

> just add a if getplayerlevel = 5 than in the level up sub? then you could add a form or whatever thats ovly visible once you hit level 5 where you can choose your class advancement

yh didnt think of that I was going to add a whole new sub for it, and the way I have the class advancements is you go and talk to a npc who gives you access to a "class change room" you go in then poof…

and what about the no more exp part oreo, and idears?

go into your get player exp sub or in the player attack npc just above where it gives you xp just add a check like

if getplayerclass (myindex) = 'whatever the starting class is then

if getplayerlevel (myindex) > 5 then

exp = 0

end if

end if

> go into your get player exp sub or in the player attack npc just above where it gives you xp just add a check like
>
> if getplayerclass (myindex) = 'whatever the starting class is then
>
> if getplayerlevel (myindex) > 5 then
>
> exp = 0
>
> end if
>
> end if

Sweet will give it a whirl and see what the outcome is ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> You might need to alter the code a bit considering this was just off the top of my head but the basic premise is still the same, just a check to see if your the starting class and a check to see what level you are.

yh it does need altering but I dont think it needs much, I might just add that and when they get a kill just make a call stating "You need to speak to the class master before you can gain experience"