Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just getting started

stevealot

hey everybody.

I have just started to learn to use eclipse as part of an assignment that was given to me. and I am already having a bit of trouble, I am trying to create a small city, yet when I try to lead up eclipse I am stuck in the tutorial jail and cannot figure out how to start creating a level or even getting a different screen other that the tutorial jail.

sorry if this is something simple but as I said I am just starting out and have looked for tutorials on this site and can find anything that deals with the problem that i am having.

Welcome the forums! You first need to make yourself an admin, via using the server console. Then type /admin and it will bring up an admin panel. Here you can use edit events, maps, warp to different maps, etc. You can either manually delete everything you don't want or can delete the maps in your folder and let it repopulate. If you're new the the Event System, I recommend reading the sticky at top explaining a bit more about it.

if you don't know what to do, than try to go near the cage door (in the tutorial jail there is sort of a gate) try to go there and face it and then press control, that should help you get out of it. outside of the jail there are some npcs that can explain the game. if you want to totaly destroy the map, you can close the server go to server/data/maps and delete the files map0 and map0_eventdata and than copy unused map like map65 and map65_eventdata and rename the new ones you just copied to map0 and map0_eventdata. of course that will make the tutorial jail a blank emtpy black screen.

also as the memeber above me said log in, than go to you server and switch to players tab. than find your userID right click on it and choose "make admin". now in the game press insert or write admin and start editing.

good luck and welcome to this community!

omerg7 ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)