Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tile sheet size

Aranis

Hello everyone. I finaly registered today. Figure I would become part of this community instead of just a watcher.

Marsh first time I ran into you online was on onrpg's website when I asked you for a non .tk addy for this site. Well you basicly told me to go to hell. I assume you were having a bad day and are not that way since I have seen you that way on here. So I am hopfull we will get along great with no problems.

Now more toward the topic of my post. My team and I have been working for 6 months (as a group) over a year for some of us on makeing a MMO. I decided to go with this engine for whatever reason. Each version of this has some features I liked but this one seems tohave a more active community.

Right now as it stands I am working on getting all the graphics we are useing together and ready. I know we are afforded the use of 6 tileset strips in the graphics. So far I have only finished filling up tileset 0 and 1 and combined they account for nearly 40mg's of graphics. Once I am finished with tileset 2 and 3 I expect it to be around 100 megs.

Does all this pose a problem for the server and what are the chances of this causeing extra lag. Is it possible to use PNG or JPEG instead of BMP since those require less MB in size.

Thank to all who responde and hopefully I will be here awhile.

Aranis