Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crest's FTP AutoUpdater

deathtaker26

So I just wrote another FTP autoUpdater seeing that my old one got deleted when the site updated This one i will try not to lose…

Anywhore The download is in attachments it's pretty simple to use. Source is included written in C# 2010

When you download the file you will have Client, Server and Src folders

In the server folder you will have updates.xml just change the to the number of updates you have for your game Each update is then put into a zip folder in the same directory on your ftp version 1 would be 1.zip, version 2 would be 2.zip, version 3 would be 3.zip, and so on. It starts at version 0 so your first file will be 0.zip.

now then onto your client folder. Just open up UpdateConf.xml and you will see this:

```

ftp://soulzinc.com/Updater

ftp

Eclipse.Exe

```

Change DownloadLocation to your ftp server address where your update.xml is located.

change your FTP user to an ftp user name (SET THIS FOR ANONYMOUS AN ALLOW ANONYMOUS DOWNLOADS!!!! IT'S SAFEST!)

FtpPass should be set to a password (for a custom ftp user account) if any.

StartupFile needs to be set for the application you want to launch after the updater is done running.

And currentVersion should be left alone. That is the current version the client is on before updating!

That's pretty much it. I left the source pretty open to adding Async and Progress bars if you want them, Forgot to leave comments on stuff in there. Sorry about that, ill be sure to correct my mistake on my next releases. Enjoy!

P.S: Eclipse, I'm back in action! Expect more releases

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...