Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking For A Programmer To Do Some Work

Agoraphobic

**Introduction**

I want to first thank you for taking the time to read this post, I know it's extremely long-winded.

I'm currently using a modified version of Eclipse 3.0 (Electrified Events) and need a programmer to do some serious edits for my project.

I have 10 main features that I'm wanting to add to my current project and could use the help of a programmer who has some free time to do some work in a reasonable amount of time.

I would be more than happy to discuss any payment (if desired) for services rendered in a pm, as well as any other questions, concerns, or suggestions one might have.

I've tried to write a detailed post about what I'm wanting and posted some mockups. I'm not wanting to release too much information about my project in the forum, but wouldn't mind going into more details with someone that's interested. I would love to hear any suggestions to improve it or ways to do it via pm.

I'm very long-winded, so please overlook it. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

**I. [Skill System]**

>! Instead of the normal Attribute System EO uses, I would like to have a Skill System. Similar to games like Ultima Online, Skyrim, etc.
>! Instead of Leveling Up and earning normal stats like in EO, you earn points toward skills that you use. For Example; Having a Sword equipped and attacking with it increases your Sword Skill.
>! While casting Fire Magic, increases your Fire Skill.
>! The general idea I had was; Click your Skill Page and it brings up a window. The window will have 6 tabs (or perhaps a list that expands), each tab has a list of skills( the tabs just are a way they are organized).
>! Mockup
>!
>! ![](http://sadpanda.us/images/1432617-OBPFXRX.jpg)
>! Combat is done by your Weapon Skill vs the enemy's Armor Skill.
>! (Example: Your Swordsmanship Skill vs Enemy's Light Armor Skill)
>! Spell is done by your Elemental Skill vs the enemy's Elemental Skill.
>! (Example: Fire Skill vs Enemy's Fire Skill)
>! Skills
>!
>! Arms Lore (10 Skills)
>! Axe Fighting - Skill with Axes. At certain intervals, allows use Axe Techniques (spells).
>! Blades - Skill with Blades. At certain intervals, allows use Blade Techniques (spells).
>! Blunt Weapons- Skill with Blunt. At certain intervals, allows use Blunt Techniques (spells).
>! CQC- Skill with only first weapons equipped (unarmed), allows use of Fist Techniques (spells).
>! Exotic Weapons - Skill with rare and Exotic Weapons, allows use of Exotic Techniques (spells).
>! Marksmanship - Skill with Ranged. At certain intervals, allows use of Ranged Techniques(spells).
>! Polearm - Skill with Polearms. At certain intervals, allows use of Polearm Techniques(spells).
>! Ring Mastery - Skill with the use of Rings. At certain intervals, use of Ring Techniques (spells).
>! Swordsmanship - Skill with Swords. At certain intervals, allows use of Sword Techniques(spells).
>! Throwing - Skill with Thrown items. At certain intervals, allows use of Thrown Techniques(spells).
>! Safeguard Lore (10 Skills)
>! Blocking- Increases the chance of Blocking with a Shield.
>! Evade - Increases the chance to dodge physical attacks.
>! Parry - Increases the chance to parry an attack when dual wielding.
>! Unarmored - No armor Defense Rating.
>! Light Armor - Light Armor Defense Rating.
>! Medium Armor - Medium Armor Defense Rating.
>! Heavy Armor - Heavy Armor Defense Rating.
>! Resistance - Increase the chance of Blocking unfriendly spells.
>! Endurance - Increase maximum Health Points. (Increased by defeating enemies).
>! Tactics - Decrease damage taken by all sources. (Increased by taking damage).
>! Elemental Aptitude (10 Skills)
>! The Elemental Skill is both your Skill in using and defending against the elemental.
>! In addition spells will have an elemental type associated with it.
>! For example; Healing Touch will fall under the Water Skills, while Barrier will fall under the Earth Skill. The higher your Skill, the longer the Duration of buffs, the higher the damage done, the rating of attacking and defending with that element, as well as certain Spells require an Elemental Skill of a certain number.
>! Void Aptitude - Increases Duration (buffs), better effect, combat rating, & elemental spells available.
>! Mystic Aptitude - ""
>! Earth Aptitude -""
>! Fire Aptitude -""
>! Ice Aptitude - ""
>! Light Aptitude - ""
>! Lighting Aptitude - ""
>! Shadow Aptitude - ""
>! Water Aptitude - ""
>! Wind Aptitude - ""
>! Knowledge (10 Skills)
>! At certain Levels allows you to converse with certain ones.
>! Anatomy - Each point increases all damage and healing done by you.
>! Beastial Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs Beasts.
>! Humanoid Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs Humanoids
>! Elemental Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs Elementals
>! Demon Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs Demons
>! Dragonkin Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs Dragons
>! Giant Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs Giants
>! Undead Lore - Bonus Damage and Armor vs vs Undead
>! Speech- Allows certain conversation options to be enabled.
>! Subterfuge- Pick Locks, Dodge Traps, reveals secret doors, decrease initiation range.
>! Crafting/Gathering (5 Crafting and 5 Gathering Skills)
>! (Crafting)
>! Alchemy
>! Smithing
>! Cooking
>! Enchanting
>! Farming
>! (Gathering)
>! Herbalism
>! Survival - Fishing/hunting
>! Cartography - Make maps to gain access to special areas; Black Market, dungeons,etc)
>! Lumberjacking
>! Mining
>! Miscellaneous (4 Skills)
>! Allows access to certain vehicles.
>! Sailing
>! Flying
>! Riding
>! Swimming

**II. [Affinity and Types]**

>! I need to be able to set npc's Elemental Affinity (Fire,etc) and Creature Type (Beast,etc).
>! In addition I need to be able to set an item's Elemental Affinity (Ice,etc), so it does elemental damage instead of normal weapon damage.
>! I need to be able to set the Elemental Damage Reduction % on creatures with the same Elemental Affinity as the Elemental Damage they're taking. While Elemental Damage off their opposite type inflicts an additional 100% Elemental Damage.
>! Finally I need to be able to set a Spell's Elemental Affinity and what Elemental Skill # is required to use. Attacking with an element will do increased damage, the higher the attacker's elemental skill, while the higher the defender's elemental skill, will reduce damage taken.
>! Elemental Affinity
>!
>! ![](http://sadpanda.us/images/1432616-1OTNQAK.jpg)

**III. [Crafting]**

>! I need a GUI (can just use a mockup image for the gui) for Crafting. I need to be able to easily set what items (and amount needed) are required to craft a chosen item. Also setting the Skill required to craft a certain item. Would prefer to use the same crafting system for all skills (Alchemy, Smithing,etc)
>! In addition the option to allow randomized or pre-set Skill bonuses.
>! Mockup
>!
>! ![](http://sadpanda.us/images/1432618-6E2EFXQ.jpg)

**IV. [Improved Combat]**

>! I would like to have Projectile Weapons for Players and Monsters. (Perhaps an attribute to place on the map to block Projectiles). In additon spells for Monsters to cast at you. (Both auto-hitting and projectile).
>! Need to be able to set a Monster's drop table for multiple items and % for each item to drop.
>! Threat System; Dealing more damage or using heals increases Threat on Monsters that are currently are trying to attack you. The highest threat makes the monster focus you.
>! Spells: Have to set the Elemental Skill it's related to, in addition what Elemental Skill # is required.
>! Spells/Effects
>! - Set Buff and Debuff Duration.
>! - Skill Increase/decrease for a Duration.
>! - Damage/heal overtime.
>! - Damage/heal burst (instant).
>! - Invisibility until you attack (monsters don't see you)
>! - Barrier (shield that soaks so much damage, before busting).
>! - Blind - 50% Miss Rate.
>! - Mute - Can't cast spells/techniques.
>! - Cursed - All damage done to you is increased by 50%.
>! - Poisoned - Healing Effects have no effect on you.
>! - Sleep - Can't perform any action for X Duration.
>! - Haste - Damage calculated three times, instead of once by weapon/spell.
>! - Starving - Hp degrades each time you move, can kill you.
>! - Taunt - Generates High Threat (Taunt can only be used once on a monster).
>! - Teleport - Teleport to a certain Point.
>! - Transform - Change Sprite, possible Skill Change, (Either a Buff or Debuff).

**V. [Items, Tooltips, and Bagspace]**

>! Each spell and item needs a tooltip with a description and an extented tooltip showing effects, bonuses, cost, skill requirements, rarity and any other relevant information.
>! Item Rarity Level
>! 1: Grey Trash
>! 2: White Normal Item
>! 3: Blue Enchanted Item
>! 4: Green Uncommon Item
>! 5: Purple Rare Item
>! 6: Red Artifact Set Item
>! 7:Gold Legendary Item
>! 8:Cyan Administrative Item/Quest Item
>! Certain items can be used and consumed to permanently increase on a weapon/armor.
>! Item Usage;
>! +1 Armor
>! +1 Damage
>! +1 Skill (Selected Skill)
>! Bag Space
>! The bag window needs tabs (Example: Bag I, Bag II, Bag III, Bag IV, and Bag V).
>! Need to be able to cycle through your bag space via a tab or an arrow.
>! Would be nice to have a way to assign bags to certain stuff (quest items, potions, professions,etc) or at the very least name the bags. Clicking through tabs or an arrow allows you to cycle through space.

**VI. [Mastery and Warp Gate System]**

>! Instead of requiring certain classes for Armor, Spells, or Weapons. It actually requires you to purchase a Mastery (training to properly use something).
>! Example: To equip Swords, you need to purchase Sword Mastery, while you need the Light Armor Mastery to equip armor classified as "Light Armor".
>! As you progress in the World, you will find Warp Gates that connect to all Warp Gates that you have discovered, so you can fast travel between Warp Gates.

**VII. [Day/Night Feature]**

>! Need a day and night feature (30 mins for day/30 min for night). At night certain npcs will disappear and houses will lock. In addition monsters gain strength at night, or are replaced by certain monsters.

**VIII. [Transformation/Mount Feature]**

>! I need certain spells to transform your character for X time and grant you HP bonus, etc.
>! Being able to mount a horse, boat, griffon,etc. Simply transform the sprite and allow you to fight still. Upon death however you revert back to normal.
>! Each type of mount needs it's own bag space (Similar to bank);
>! Sailing
>! Flying
>! Riding
>! Swimming

**IX. [Conversation System]**

>! Instead of text just being in the chat box. I can actually have a face picture show and the text in a window (like rpgmaker/rpgs). Need to have several options; healing, warp, variables/switches, etc.
>! I prefer if it can be done in the Event System, so I can use store variables and conditions.
>! Also I need it to be able to play a sound (for voice acting/narrator), if it's skipped the sound clip is stopped and the next one plays. So no overlapping.
>! /G
>! /N says the players name when you put it in chat/text. /g to say "My Lord" or "My Lady", depending on your gender.

**X. [Quest System]**

>! Need a easy to read and sexy gui for quests. Also need to be able to set quests and rewards.
>! Global Switches and Variables
>! In addition to Player Switches and Variables,I need to be able to set Global Switches/Variables that affect everyone in the world and everyone can interact with.

Thank you for taking the time to read my long-winded post and look forward to hearing from you.