Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lunar GUIs: Colors.txt Tutorial

This tutorial is an added extra to the Game.gif one

Thinking caps on? Ready? Ok lets go.

Ok, this is the big 'edit' part of the GUI where you customise stuff like the equipment background, the options background etc.

Ill use my game.gif from the previous tutorial (Game.gif) to explain how to do this and have it match your GUI. Ill just note this actually works for all current versions of Eclipse (4.5, TE and EE)

STEP 1 - GATHERING DATA

First off, go into your GUI folder and double click the file named colors.txt you should see something that looks like this when notepad opens up:

```
[CHATBOX]
R=0
G=0
B=0
[CHATTEXTBOX]
R=0
G=0
B=0
[BACKGROUND]
R=190
G=157
B=124
[SPELLLIST]
R=190
G=157
B=124
[WHOLIST]
R=190
G=197
B=124
[NEWCHAR]
R=139
G=139
B=130
```
It wont be this exactly because this is my personal one, but you get the idea.
Now open up your game.gif that you have just made (open up in paint, remember how to do that?).
Press the pippet tool (the one that is left of the magnifying glass) and after that click on the colour of the text box/inventory bit, whatever and that colour should show up as the left click color (top one) in the bottom left corner
Press COLORS >>> EDIT COLORS…

![](http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/2889/scrn118rn.png)

…and you should come up with (when you press define custom colours):

![](http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7076/scrn121hi.png)

Hopefully, you should now see where I am going with this, see the text parts with the 'Red', 'Green' and 'Blue'? (lost yet?) That is the RGB code for the colour you have selected in the left click colour:
```
R='Red'
G='Green'
B='Blue'
```
STEP 2 - Editing Information
Now,if you have this theory in your head,you will understand what everything is and how to edit it,even if you have a different colour equipment background to that of text.

Open up your colors.txt again and here is what each section of it means ( the [] brackets titles for the different sections and are very important to the GUI…dont change them):

[CHATBOX]   =   The main chatbox…the text bar that you write in
[CHATTEXTBOX]   =   The secondary chat part…so you can read the messages
[BACKGROUND]   =   This applies to things such as item information background, options menu background etc
[SPELLLIST]   =   The main background for the spell list (the grey bit on the spell list on the default GUI when you click spells)
[WHOLIST]   =   Same ass spelllist but is for when you click whos online
[NEWCHAR]   =   The background for the newcharacter.gif background colour…the bit with the writing in

According to this, seeing as my game.gif has all the same colours, my colors.txt should look something like:

```
[CHATBOX]
R=128
G=0
B=0
[CHATTEXTBOX]
R=128
G=0
B=0
[BACKGROUND]
R=128
G=0
B=0
[SPELLLIST]
R=128
G=0
B=0
[WHOLIST]
R=128
G=0
B=0
[NEWCHAR]
R=128
G=0
B=0
```
a screenshot of the game.gif in action:
![](http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/6913/lastscreen4qm.gif)

CONGRATZ on completing the game.gif extra tutorial…and if youve managed to understand a single word I have just said, that's one more bit of weight of your shoulders. I will be making mainmenu.gif and shop.gif next (but not yet).

Thanks for reading!