Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEWBIES TO ECLIPSE, READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A QUESTON

Well, I decided to try to deduce the amounts of useless questions asked… so I made a tutorial that newbies can follow to help the community a little.

**THE MAIN RULES OF POSTING**
1\. If your post has nothing to do with the board, please do not post it.  Post it in the correct section please.

2\. Has this topic been brought up before?  There's a search box in the upper right corner.  See if your question has been asked before.  It'll save some time and you'll get your answer quicker.

3\. Try not to necropost, unless in a sticky.  Even in a sticky, it could be some trouble.  But if your necro posting is relevant to the discussion, then feel free to post it… and be sure to mention, "sorry for necroposting" somewhere in your post.

4\. Include detail in your post.  Nobody wants to read, "I can't edit map help plz" because there's no detail in it.  You need to include your problem, and what happens.  Also, it helps to use proper grammar so people can understand you.

5\. Listen to other people's advice.  If they tell you the fix to your RTE or whatnot, try to read it over and understand it.  If you don't then kindly ask, "Um... I didn't quite understand that.  Could you explain it a little more?"  Because that looks better than, "I still dont get it help"

6\. Say thank you.  If someone else helps you solve your question/problem, well, it doesn't kill you to say thank you.  People appreciate it, and it gives you a good reputation.

Well please follow those rules before posting a question, or necroposting.  It could seriously help the community. 
(Admins and mods please don't take this the wrong way, these are just the basic rules newbs should follow before posting.)