Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few basic questions….

robinhood3717

Ok, i have a few questions. I have looked around the forums and cant seem to find them and theyre prolly a piece of cake for you guys to answer..so here goes:

1\. How do I add classes? I set the max number of classes to 5 in SERVER/DATA and then i copied and edited the "Testing Class" but it didnt seem to do anything - when I make a new character, their only available class is "Testing Class".

2\. Upon leveling up in game, how do you make a players skills increase? Do they increase by a set amount or can the player choose where to spend skill points?

3\. How are paperdolled items layered? Are weapons always on top, then shields, then armour, then the sprite, then leg armor?

4\. Can you make it so weapons do a random amount of damage, or even miss? Example: a battleaxe does 25-30 damage when it hits, but will miss quite often. Can a player's strength stat effect weapon's damage?

Thank you so much for any help!!! :cheesy:

1\. Did you Name them Class0.ini, Class1.ini and so on?

2\. The Player can increase the Status points. Just press Character and then you will see a '+' near every stat you have got. (Magic, Speed, Strength, Defence are the default ones)

3\. I think leg armor is in front of the sprite ;) but the rest is like you wrote, but i'm not 100% sure.

4\. The random damage could work with some scripting i think.
But yea. The Players strength stat does effect the weapons damage. Just try it out ;)