Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Winter/Christmas Ideas

CuddleFox

_Don't read the non-bold text if you want to skip (useless?) background information ;)._

It's already November… and shortly winter has arrived, hopefully with a lot of snow. A long time ago (August, 2007) I had fun with the Eclipse Engine, but left shortly thereafter without doing much at all. I only made one or two small [maps](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,21695.0.html) back then :o. But now I'm back! In total, I haven't been in this community for long, so I'm still new I assume, even if I've been registered for over a year. So hi to you all xD! I was pondering, why not begin to truly work with a MORPG? That's what I want to do. I returned here, and noticed that the Engine had gone through Alot of changes. For the better. Joy! I also got surprised when I checked the source and saw that it's actually easier to understand than it may look. Maybe I'm transforming into a VB novice in the near future.

**So here goes! I'm planning to make a game that will be open in winter (I presume it will be as an open alpha test). Therefore, I'm wondering what you who's reading this would like to see in a Winter/Christmas MORPG? Maybe santa claus throwing gifts as arrows at the players? Quests involving saving reindeers? Skiing? Feel free to suggest whatever is on your mind. Note that my example suggestions aren't really what I personally want.**

Obviously the game won't just disappear when winter is over, but the snow will melt away and new adventures will await!
//Sorry if I write in such a… weird way. I blame the hot chocolate I'm drinking right now.

all the first suggestions already exsists, but skiing WOW :D thats would be so funny :)

maby another suggestion (quite harder probably) is to add a title track (something as a skill) for holiday events.
the more they "win" the more points (exp) they get and of course… you can claim funny items with it!

such as candy weapons, a snowhat, potions to transform in a snowman for 5 min?

heh :)

nevermind, its maby a bit to complicated.

the snowman potion is really simple, just create a timer on 5 min when he drinks it start the timer and change the sprite… when timer runs out return to original sprite (witch you saved in a integer before changing his sprite)

also add when logged off that he returns to his original sprite, or he will never be a human again :D (except when drinking another potion)

have fun!