Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upload Game

willzter

Hello everyone, I am pretty new here but I have used Eclipse Origins for a while now. I know that this is Q and A for EO 4.0+ but I am currently using eclipse event system 2.3\. I am soon done with my game but I am not sure how to upload it and how to connect it to the server. Right now I am creating my game on an old computer that I borrowed to create this game on, but when im done with my game I want to place the default server program on another computer. My first question is: What am I supposed to have in .zip format for the player to download, should the folder called src be downloadable? My second question is: How am I supposed to connect the client with the server program wich is on another computer, is it enough to change the config.ini file from IP:localhost to the IP of the computer that got the server program on it? And when it comes to an updater I am not sure how to do this either, should I create a program myself that updates the game if it finds any (In this case how am I supposed to do this? I don't really know how to program myself.) or should I make it easy for myself and tell the player to redownload it? It should also be noted that I am from the beginning just creating this game for some friends of mine and perhaps some of their friends if they would like to download it.

Thanks for any he
lp.

//Willzter

1.The players must have the folder client 

2.You must portforwoard

3\. if you want an updater you should create a program with vb6 or a anything you want

if you want the players re-download a version you must only upload the data (if you have not change the src folder) and users replace their data with the data you upload :)

> 1.The players must have the folder client 
>
> 2.You must portforwoard
>
> 3\. if you want an updater you should create a program with vb6 or a anything you want
>
> if you want the players re-download a version you must only upload the data (if you have not change the src folder) and users replace their data with the data you upload :)

Thanks for your answer, what do you mean by portforwarding? If you mean the same thing as I think you mean then I would have to configurate the players router wich is not allowed by the operator.